- Washington, DC
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide.
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Assist the health policy team, regulatory and other government relations staff, as necessary, in managing the health policy and regulatory agendas through administrative and other project support.
- Understand JDRF vision, mission, and values as well as Advocacy and health policy department activities, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating health policy and regulatory meetings, webexes, conference calls and special events.
- Attend and take notes at health policy and regulatory meetings/calls for the purpose of developing “to do” lists for the attendees and then distribute those task lists to meeting/call attendee
- Assist with development and formatting of PowerPoint presentations for health policy and regulatory presentations.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from JDRF volunteers, and JDRF staff and direct the persons asking for assistance to the correct internal resource.
- Maintain filing systems of key documents
- Ensure that the confidentiality and security of all information under his/her supervision is maintained.
- Assist in arranging travel as needed.
- Perform other duties related to clerical and administrative assignments as assigned by his/her supervisor.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- A team player that has the ability to interface with all levels of JDRF staff and volunteers and external partners. Must develop and maintain relationships.
- Highly efficient in time management. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of administrative tasks including coordination of people and resources, project planning, and resource allocation.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint desired.
- Active listening and problem solving skills.
- 1+ years of office experience preferred.
College Degree preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.