- Los Angeles, CA
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research, JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org
Junior-level development position. May supervise volunteers for assigned responsibilities. Plays active lead role in organizing, coordinating, implementing and helping to expand assigned activities within the comprehensive development areas of the chapter.
- Coordinate walks for the chapter (Los Angeles/Santa Barbara)
- Assist the Office Manager
- Evaluate and expand programs in collaboration with the resource team and volunteer leadership.
- Assist in recruiting capable volunteers for the organization and manage seasonal or other staff (as appropriate).
- Manage and maintain accurate and complete financial records for each event.
- Submit reports to the chapter executive director and volunteer leadership and JDRF's National staff.
- Ensure that the logistics and budget/timelines are met for each applicable event.
College degree preferred or equivalent experience required. Three+ (3+) years of office experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior fundraising experience preferred. Experience in organizing and planning special fundraising events. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Proficiency with computer programs is required.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer