HR Business Partner 6 month FTC
- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Old Town, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
As part of the UK&I HR team this HR Business Partner role is aligned with the UK manufacturing operation at our Banbury site. The Banbury site is responsible for the production of brands including Tassimo, Kenco and L’Or and is the home of circa 500 direct and indirect associates.
About the role:
The HR Business Partner role is a key part of the manufacturing team working on some business as usual activity, and assisting some change programmes, focused on providing a strong partnering and support offering to the manufacturing leadership team and their reports.
The role is focused on partnering allocated members of the leadership team to support the development of management and leadership capability, drive a performance culture and enhancing associate engagement.
The role is generalist in nature embracing all areas of HR including employee relations, union relations, compensation and benefits, recruitment and talent management.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Provide strategic and operational business partnering coaching and guidance to leaders at manufacturing leadership team level. Be visible in the manufacturing plant to have a presence and engage with teams locally.
- Lead and provide on-going HR support for key change projects and capital investment projects in the business area.
- Coordinate & implement the specific HR processes in the business unit within the scope of the organizational culture and structure.
- Provide expert knowledge to the local management regarding associate engagement initiatives, organizational structures and change projects.
- Provide knowledge / best practice to the local management in managing local labour relations (unions, safety reps, etc.). Work with local managers in dealing with front line associate issues, including the management of often complex cases around performance management, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and queries around shifts/compensation and benefits.
- Monitor compliance of local HR policies, procedures and documentation with local regulations and proactively flags issues of non-compliance.
- Actively participate in pillar activity eg Safety Pillar. Feed into central projects at JDE global level.
- CIPD level 7 accredited
Must have experience:
- Knowledge of HR generalist processes and approach.
- Experience of managing employee relations cases.
- Experience of absence management.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/warehouse/ FMCG environment.
- Experience of a unionised environment would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills.
Must have behaviours:
- A strong team player who is happy to roll their sleeves up and pitch in.
- Down to earth with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Motivated by a challenge and not afraid of difficult situations.
- Strives to do the right thing (not the easy thing) in all they do.