Accounts Payable Specialist
- Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Accounts Payable Specialist checks the course of the entire StP process and detects errors or deviating processes by internal or external parties involved (PO creator, supplier). H/she initiates the collection of invoices that arrive in paper form at JDE. H/she supervises the punctual or timely payment of invoices to the suppliers. Furthermore, if necessary, he/she communicates with the supplier to prevent unnecessary delays in the process and additional costs to the company e.g. by dunning or collection fees to avoid. As part of the internal control system, h/she will carry out appropriate checks.
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of working experience as an AP or similar role is required;
- Knowledgeable in Accounts Payable/Receivable/Reconciliation/Treasury etc.
- Self-starter who can work independently and use own initiative.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products & SAP is required;
- Adaptable in a diverse culture environment.
- Being experienced in working in an environment that requires the ability to communicate with people of different levels and embrace the teamwork spirit.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail required.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical (employee & dependent), Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.