Accounts Payable Lead
- Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The AP lead is responsible for keeping the AP books properly and accurately and ensuring that payments to vendors are made on time. You will be also responsible for providing analytical support and data, ensuring compliance to internal control frameworks, preparing forecasts and analysis for business needs. In addition, the role reviews financial reports provides technical expertise, manages external relationships with service providers, and is responsible for the teams’ management. You also are working on searches and evaluating improvement potential for working capital, esp. in payables, and moderates the process to realize and capture the identified opportunities.
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance or Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy Management, ACCA, CIMA, CPA/MIA or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience in a full spectrum of financial accounting experience.
- Preferably a background in FMCG/supply chain/operations area.
- Knowledgeable in Accounts Payable/Receivable/Reconciliation/Treasury etc.
- Self-starter who can work independently and use own initiative.
- Competent in using Microsoft Applications such as Words, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of SAPR3 and SAP BPC preferred.
- Business writing such as email, official letters.
- Experienced with multi-tasking environment.
- Adaptable in a diverse culture environment.
- Being experienced in working in an environment that requires the ability to communicate with people of different levels and embracing the team-work spirit.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking, problem solving and attention to detail required.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical (employee & dependent), Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.