Internship Central Planning
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
As an Intern you will be part of the supply planning team that is responsible for the supply plan for the Instant and Liquids category as a supply planner for one or more factories. The Supply Planner creates a supply plan with the goal to optimize service and stock levels of finished goods in your category. This plan is the ongoing production plan for our manufacturing facilities.
You will reports to the Supply Planning Manager and are part of JDE Central Supply Chain organization. The role co-operates with local Demand Planners in the MSUs, schedulers and planners in the Manufacturing units, External Co-Manufacturers, Coffee sourcing, and Central Procurement.
Next to that, you’ll be working on a KPIs digitalization project. The main task is to take a step up in the visualization and automatization of the KPIs from BI/BW.
The key responsibilities are;
- Manage service and stock levels (finished & semi-finished goods inventory) for the category;
- Prepare and manage the monthly Supply Review with the factory. Report KPIs of past month and look forward to the short term plan;
- Participate and prepare for the weekly and daily whiteboard meetings and suggest improvement actions;
- Create a feasible Supply Plan (Capacity & Production Planning) on SKU level.
- Allocate production to factories, and identify the need for outsourced/third party supply;
- Approve & maintain MSU safety stock settings, approve Production MOQs and frequency.
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- In your 3rd or 4th year of University/HBO, ideally business related
- Be analytical and love to work and dive into figures; be precise
- Power BI experience is essential for this role
- Negotiation skills and having fun during these conversations
- You get energized from working with people, convincing them and working together on projects
- Creating meaningful presentations
To be successful in this role you need to be enrolled at a University for the whole duration of the internship and this needs to be a mandatory part of your study curriculum. Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen you need to be enrolled at a Dutch University to be considered as a candidate.
The monthly internship allowance is € 450,- for a HBO student or € 500,- for a WO student, based on a fulltime 40 hour workweek. We also provide additional support if daily travelling to work is required. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad.