Internship Master Data Analyst
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Old Town, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
The Global Master Data team is responsible for the design, maintenance and operational execution of the global master data processes in the areas related to Customer, Material, Vendor and Finance. It supports stakeholders across all levels and locations in the organisation and manages a variety of subprocesses such as; setting up material records on the system (via the main ERP system), data validation and data quality reporting with teams based in the Netherlands, Russia and Ukraine. The team is part of the Global Finance & Master Data team which resides in the wider Global Group Control structure.
The GMDM-Equipment team defines the company wide strategy and approach on Master Data processes and creates action plans based on this for our Out of Home customers. It works closely with Global Business Process owners and custodians from local business to ensure processes and tools meet business expectations. Next to the processing and creation of Master data they are responsible for maintaining the solutions, creating manuals and other forms of documentation and to provide training in order to ensure JDE internal employees are equipped with the tools and knowledge they need to make master data requests.
During your internship you will be assisting the team with the daily maintenance and quality of the company’s ERP & Salesforce Master Data on an international scale (>10.000 articles). For the local teams you will be the first point of contact. You will have a vital role in processing of the data requests and providing information on the content and meaning of the stored data. Furthermore you will be assisting the team with generating and analysing reports and business support. Which also includes tracking issues, conduct root cause analysis and initiate corrective actions.
When you are fully onboarded with the operation work (+/- 2 months) we would like you to participate in project teams for our innovations, delisting of machines and spare parts.
Operational Master Data:
- Monitoring and handling mails in shared mailbox of the team
- Responsible for processing Car-stock, Purchase & Sales-prices workflow requests
- Align with our stakeholders on the requests and mails
- Scheduled calls with the MSU’s
- Bi-weekly 1:1 meeting
- Entering, testing and releasing master data items (Materials, Prices, Contracts, etc.) in the main ERP or other related systems
- Participating in creating process improvement plans in all the area’s in which the team operates.
- Autonomously working on a project assigned to you. Business continuation is guaranteed by ensuring proper backup
- Assisting in the documentation of all processes and contribute to the writing of work instructions (SOPs)
- Supporting MDM CoE on process standardization, optimisation and data quality
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Following a MBO OR HBO/Bachelor education on IT/Business/ Finance or Data
- Science with an interest in Service logistics or FMCG.
- You are fulltime available for a work internship (any needed assignment from your studies can be discussed).
- Have the aspiration to gain knowledge of SAP, intermediate/advance skills in Excel and analytical skills.
- Show a high level of accuracy in your work while maintaining a service oriented approach.
- Be a team player, communicatively strong and enjoy a dynamic business environment.
- Have a strong command in English both written and spoken, as this is our business language.
- Passionate about how data and processes work across a complex ERP landscape
To be successful in this role you need to be enrolled at a University for the whole duration of the internship and this needs to be a mandatory part of your study curriculum. Please note that if you are a non-EU citizen you need to be enrolled at a Dutch University to be considered as a candidate.
The monthly internship allowance is € 450,- for a HBO student or € 500,- for a WO student, based on a fulltime 40 hour workweek. We also provide additional support if daily travelling to work is required. Please do keep in mind that we do not offer relocation and/or accommodation benefits for students coming from abroad. The internship starts at the beginning of March 2022, and is for a period of 6 months.