Plant Controlling Analyst
- 2, Jalan Portland, Kawasan Perindustrian Tasek, 31400 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
JDE is a subsidiary JDE Peet’s, the world's leading pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands. For more than 265 years, JDE has been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today, JDE unleashes the possibilities of coffee and tea in more than 100 countries, through a portfolio of over 50 brands including L’OR, Gevalia, Senseo, Tassimo, Pickwick, Friele and Café Noir.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
The Controlling Analyst in Operations will provide support to the Plant, Procurement and/or Supply Chain in the following way:
1. Actual: Support operations financial closing & reporting. Provide timely and accurate cost analysis (Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain). Take the lead on in-depth actual variance analysis around purchase prices, material productivity and conversion costs. Support the preparation of the MMR report and the collection of Key Performance Indicators. Conduct regular reviews with budget owners, for example the Maintenance, HR and Purchasing departments and/or with other key stakeholders, by being their business partner and guiding them towards excellence in costs.
2. Budget: Identify business opportunities in material productivity increase and conversion cost reduction. Calculate cost productivity projects. Support the annual budget and the standard cost price preparation, by ensuring that all inputs are processed correctly and in line with the timelines.
3. Investments and Assets: Collaborate in the CAPEX / Management Investment Council (MIC) processes for the factory and follow up spending with project leads. Prepare and calculate Capital Expenditure Requests.
4. Compliance: Support controls related processes and ensure alignment with global and regional policies and operations governance rules.
5. Operating Working Capital (OWC): Support the delivery of OWC objectives on inventory optimization, payment terms extension and supplier financing.
6. Projects: Be part of cross-functional projects, such as calculations of NPDs and continuous improvement initiatives, for example Kaizens, in the factory. Execute ad-hoc analyses for business needs and/or pro-actively.
The role will provide critical business support to Operations through dependable data analysis and thereof derived actions, as well as play an important custodian role, ensuring that full compliance, controls and policies are properly applied.
· 5 years’ work experience;
· Accurate, flexible thinking, time management skills, high analytical skills, fluent English in word and writing.
Team player, hands-on, proactive, excellent communication skills, independent/self-starter, eager to learn and further develop, act with a sense of urgency.
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Nice to have:
· Working experience with relevant controlling background.
· Knowledge of IFRS and on compliance.
· Knowledge of SAPR3 and SAP BPC preferred
· Knowledge on statutory reporting and regulations requirements
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.