Accounting Specialist Romania
- Calea Floreasca, București, Romania
JDE is a subsidiary of JDE Peet’s, the world's leading pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands. For more than 265 years, JDE has been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today, JDE unleashes the possibilities of coffee and tea in more than 100 countries, through a portfolio of over 50 brands including L’OR, Gevalia, Senseo, Tassimo, Pickwick, Friele and Café Noir.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
We are looking for a positive and energetic person to join our Finance team. We like working with numbers, you should too. We have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and both local (RAS) and international (IFRS) accounting standards, so you should too. If that sounds good to you, continue reading the detailed responsibilities list below, and if it still sounds good, hit the Apply button.
Customer discounts accounting:
- Input of Terms & Conditions via dedicated discounts system
- Perform monthly customer trade spend tracking versus contracts
- Issue credit notes and follow up closely the sales trade spend policy implementation
- Provides monthly P&L & B/S analysis for trade spend (discounts)
- Reconcile discounts system with SAP/BPC and track variances vs plan and rolling forecast identifying relevant business drivers
- Follow up with Key Account Managers based on aging report in order to ensure accurate monthly reporting
- Supports Sales team with ad hoc customer analysis and data (eg. Customer P&L, Net Sales report)
General accounting and closing:
- Ensures procurement discipline regarding blocked invoices, purchase orders, goods receipt and invoice receipt.
- Follows up with local buyers on purchasing approach and documentation to ensure quality and audit trail
- Prepares the operating working capital monthly report and comments
- Performs monthly and annual closing activities: accruals, provisions, BPC reporting schedules, account reconciliations
- Reconciliation and changes to various budgets assigned at WBS level
- Performs Internal Controls assigned to her/him on a quarterly basis
- Ad-hoc finance reports, analysis or queries to support delivery of business agenda
- University degree
- 5+ years experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of SAP ERP
- Knowledge of SOX/Internal Controls environment
- Knowledge and experience in working with Romanian accounting standards, legislation and local authorities
- English at business proficiency level
Nice to have
- FMCG experience
- Knowledge of IFRS
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application.
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to join a highly successful global, yet local, coffee company at an exciting time of steep business growth.
- A strong focus on developing our team members through a series of on the job challenges, coaching and training, with the support of state-of-the-art tools and technologies.