Safety, Health & Environment Expert
- Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
Drives a zero-incident environment by ensuring all plant associates are committed to the overall Safety, Health and Environmental culture. The role actively leads the improvement of Safety and Environmental results to deliver manufacturing excellence. You will lead the implementation of all Global Safety Health and Environment standards in line with legal requirements.
You will play an important role, such as:
Safety Health and Environment
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics
- Leads the implementation of Safety Health and Environment - SHE requirements, legislation, regulations, and corporate standards & policies
- Audits comply with the safety regulations and company standards and report non-conformities
- Leads the implementation of 18001 and 14001 Certification.
- Lead and drives all Safety, Health, and Environmental – SHE Management systems, programs, and processes such as Behaviour Observation Safety – BOS based on an annual improvement Plan
- Provides Safety Health Environment – SHE expertise for the plant for all new engineering projects and change management activities
- Guarantees effective safety organization, emergency response, and first aid activities, including safety pillar and champions
- Identifies risks in ergonomics and working conditions and proposes solutions
- Develops and manages relationships with industry and trade associations and environmental regulatory agencies in relevant countries
- Drives a culture of engagement and develops capabilities through training and coaching which delivers a safety-perfect culture.
- Leads and role models output of Manufacturing Operating System - MOS supporting roll-out and further development with a hands-on approach by leading the Safety Health Environment – SHE Pillar
- Ensure Safety Health and Environmental - SHE standards awareness, understanding, and application throughout the plant.
- Monitors and reports actual versus planned safety performance and provides teams with essential key information to achieve objectives.
- Trained plant operations and contractors on the group safety system for daily enhancement.
- Lead RCA session in brainstorming the cause, preparing the report getting the validation of the RCA report, and tracking the action closure derived from the report.
- Accountable for contractors' safety compliance.
- Drive all the SHE changes and initiatives that come from the groups to be executed at the project side/plant level.
Delivery & Cost:
- Drives the KPI improvement in the Safety Health Environment – SHE area in line with Compelling Business Need - CBN ambition
- Leads and coaches the team in the execution of risk inventories & evaluations, risk assessments, and incident investigations and ensures action closure
- Ensures action plan closure from root cause analysis which eliminates risks, asset losses, and environmental issues
- Plans/Budgets/Controls annual capital budget for Safety Health Environment – SHE activities to ensure flawless execution of the Safety and Environmental plan.
- Understands relevant technical requirements in the Safety Health Environment – SHE. Coordinates all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation, and renewable energy across plants in close conjunction with the Global Safety Health and Environmental Manager.
- Monitor Safety performance in Operations Performance meetings Structure - OPS meetings, provides day-to-day solutions, roll out of best practices.
- Updates relevant information, tracking, and reporting systems.
- To lead project team in managing the Crisis Management Plant.
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- Minimum at least Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent or other relevant professional certification;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a heavy manufacturing/construction environment. Experience in FMCG is an added advantage;
- Must be registered as a Safety & Health Officer with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) valid license (Green Book);
- Qualification in auditing on ISO 14001 & OSHAS 18001 and Lean programs;
- Physically fit and able to withstand the conditions at site;
- knowledge of Basic Scaffolding will be an added advantage;
- Competent and well-versed with the latest Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Able to communicate well in English Language and Bahasa Malaysia;
- Experience and or well equipped with contractors safety assessment;
- Hands-on experience with less supervision;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.