- Johor Bahru, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Plant Controller independently create, execute and maintain the Planning & Control cycle, resulting in periodic barrel reporting and analyses, being a (financial) business partner for other OT members, for an assigned operating company (manufacturing unit) using AOP planning as a basis.
- Correct and complete calculation of budgets and cost price tariffs in SAP, based on gathered knowledge of the business, consulting related departments (eg purchasing, etc.).
- AOP also driven by internal discussions and alignment with plant management team resulting in scenarios and proposals from FPC dept taking into account both short term as well as long term consequences.
- Correct reporting.
- Correct Period end Close routines and reporting by using SAP;
- Correct and timely determining operating profit and provide analyses of operating profit to the management team.
- KPI reporting.
- Barrel activities are in line with AOP activities eg. Follow up AOP versus actual and having discussions and alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyse actual costs versus budget.
- Timely recognition of deviations versus budget and proposing corrective actions if necessary.
- Provide thorough result analyses (coverage costs and materials used analyses) that can be used for performance improvement of the factory.
- Using multidisciplinary correct input, gathering correct input and using this input for Operations related business case.
- Making a reliable forecast of year-end operating profit.
- Participate in NPD project supporting with business case calculation.
- Advice internal owners of SOX controls and perform Key controls.
- Managing ad hoc financial reporting projects.
To succeed in this role, we will need you to have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance or Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy Management, ACCA, CIMA, CPA/MIA or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience in a full spectrum of financial accounting experience.
- Preferably a background in FMCG/supply chain/operations area.
- International experience in Commodity and Currency Risk Management (coverage, hedging, commodity futures, options, risk management tools). Commodities experience is essential and could also come from other markets.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products & SAP is required;
- High level of competency with Excel;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking, problem-solving and attention to detail required;
- Experience with cost price calculations, investment calculations;
- Self-starter who can work independently and use their own initiative;
- Requires strong interpersonal skills;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.