Finance Manager, Retail Malaysia
- KL/Subang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
JDE is a subsidiary JDE Peet’s, the world's leading pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands. For more than 265 years, JDE has been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today, JDE unleashes the possibilities of coffee and tea in more than 100 countries, through a portfolio of over 50 brands including L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, OldTown, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
The Finance Manager is accountable for the financial policy development of the specific Retail Regions.
The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring effective management in the country from a financial and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy and the central and local Financial and Controlling policies and guidelines in place, in order to ensure maximization of return on sales and investment and effective management based on accurate (management) information in alignment with the KPI guidelines from principal.
In its role as business partner, the finance function ensures the company keeps continuous focus on compliance, control and risk management to manage the company’s (financial) risks and meet the requirements of governmental and other regulatory bodies, as well as the internal guidelines (e.g. the Combined Business Model).
The Finance Manager Malaysia reports to the General Manager Retail Malaysia and has direct reports in the Local Finance Team.
- Implement and adapt the strategic plan for the country based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provide input and prepares the annual operation plan for the country (for final approval by the Executive Committee) and directs the execution of activities according to this plan.
- Ensure monitoring of business and financial performance by providing the General Manager Retail with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Direct the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements, in liaison with the FEC Malaysia
- Organise and maintain a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries / non-SAP countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.
A university degree in finance, accounting or controlling.
- 8-10 years of experience in finance.
- Preferably a background in FMCG/supply chain/operations area.
- International experience in Commodity and Currency Risk Management (coverage, hedging, commodity futures, options, risk management tools). Commodities experience is essential and could also come from other markets.
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP
- Passionate, energetic & innovative work culture
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- Flexibility with working hours
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application.