HR Shared Service Administrator
- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Old Town, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
As part of the UK&I HR team the HR Shared Services Administrator sits within the Shared Services Centre Of Excellence. This team supports and advises the UK&I business units, based on their substantive expertise, on issues concerning associate administration, including all people changes, systems and processes.
The HR Shared Services Administrator supports all associate administration across the UK&I Business Units and the broader HR team. The role will own the starters, leavers and changes process for associates in the JDE HCM module.
They will provide comprehensive HR administration and general HR assistance to the UK&I HR team through timely, accurate completion of all HR administrative tasks. The key focus will be HCM maintenance in the SuccessFactors Employee Central database; managing the UK HR inbox with timely and supportive communication, associate administration including contracts and benefit platform updates. The KPI’s for the role are based on compliance with defined internal controls and procedures, timely turnaround of instructions, being the custodian of employee data in accordance to GDPR and HR data reporting.
- Life Cycle Administration & Processes – undertake to complete administration for the full employee life cycle: starter, changes, leavers within the HCM module, payroll input and administration; offer letters/contracts, eligibility to work checks, data changes, leavers forms – in line with defined processes. Maintain starter & leaver and KPIs trackers for easy HRBP access and referencing.
- Employee Files – maintain and update all employee files in the secure HR drive to ensure easy and timely accessibility of important employee information – archive in line with data retention controls.
- SAP SuccessFactors (HCM) – ensure correct data entry for new starters, changes and leavers based on accurate and timely template submissions. Raise relevant reports as required according to business needs directly from the system. Build and run reports directly from the system covering monthly employee KPI’s (movers/leaver/starters) to support the HRBP’s.
- PMI Membership/Employee Benefits – support the C&B team with fully maintained lists to ensure insurance memberships are kept up-to-date and submitted within the required timescales. Where relevant, submit payroll instructions to administer cover.
- Ensure accurate and timely enrolment of associates into all other benefits.
- Absence – Run the KPI absence report from First Care to support the HRBP’s and follow up the correct certificates are submitted for all sickness absence by department.
- Collate and file the relevant sick/fit notes and inform the relevant HRBP’s the latest return to work statistics.
- Onboarding – liaise with the relevant Line Manager to plan and implement on-boarding for new starters. Manage the Day 1 Orientation and HR Administration induction including the site fire/safety program.
- Ensure all new starts are eligible to work in the UK by performing the relevant right to work checks and facilitate references.
- Admin Support – manage all employee communications and administration as requested by the HR team members: Salary & Bonus Letters / Reward & Long Service Admin / Holidays, Duty of Care etc.
- Ensure all ad hoc payments are made to include Coach Payments/Attendance Draw/Fire & First Aid Payments.
- Ad Hoc – provide ad hoc admin and general assistance to the broader HR teams when requested for all people relevant activities such as arranging training events to co-ordinating hearings to support case management. Own and update the email distribution lists by site. Administrating the apprentice and intern recruitment cycle.
- HR administration experience with the ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and right first time mentality.
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures and experience of providing advice i.e. maternity policy, sickness & absence policy.
- Good IT skills including experience of HR systems, ideally SAP/SuccessFactors and ADP iHCM2 Payroll with a strong aptitude for learning new systems quickly.
- Process driven with the ability to work with ambiguity to build and evolve process for continuous improvement purposes.
- A passionate administrator who has a positive outlook and genuinely takes pride and enjoyment from administrative duties.