Financial Controller, MY Plants
- Masai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
JDE is a subsidiary JDE Peet’s, the world's leading pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands. For more than 265 years, JDE has been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today, JDE unleashes the possibilities of coffee and tea in more than 100 countries, through a portfolio of over 50 brands including L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, OldTown, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
The Financial Controller (FC) shall independently create, execute and maintain the financial planning and control cycle for Malaysia Operations, being a critical (financial) Business Partner for the Operations Leadership Team.
The Malaysia Operations FC will provide support to Plant Management, Procurement and Supply Chain in the following:
- Lead Operations Closing & reporting, stabilize and support the leadership teams on cost analysis and management conclusions.
- Lead MMR reporting for Johor Malaysia, support the collection of Key Performance Indicators and Financials, supporting fact-based business decision making.
- Lead financially value creation business opportunities, including yield and capacity investment decisions for Johor Malaysia Operations. Initiate and stimulate cost productivity projects as well as cash improvement initiatives.
- Lead CAPEX / MIC processes for Johor Malaysia, ensuring transparent CER requests and follow up of spending. Overlook the fixed asset value and depreciation for the Malaysian factories.
- Support all financial process and systems design (SAP/Other) related to CBM set up in Malaysia, ensuring JDE Operations standard approaches are rolled out.
- Support controls related processes and ensure alignment with global and regional policies and operations governance rules (Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Support the delivery of OWC objectives for Johor Malaysia (inventory optimization, payment terms supplier, supplier financing)
- Actively involved in projects assigned by Asia Operations Finance Controller, related but not limited to standardization, integration, footprint or other specific Operations projects
- Provide critical Business Partnership support to Johor Malaysia Operations Finance as well as play an important custodian role, ensuring that full compliance, controls and policies are properly applied.
Education University Degree
- Technical SAP skills
- Extensive FI/CO; CAPEX reporting and MM/PP/Product Costing with IFRS Financial knowledge
- Extensive manufacturing controllership experiences, minimum 10 years solid experiences Mature with strong business stakeholders management; equipped with influential presentation/communication skills
- Able to coach and develop 4 direct reports with strong leadership
- Proactive in presenting results to business management; good team worker (plant, supply chain, procurement).
- Strong personality to discuss issues with business management
- Ability and willingness to make timely decisions and recommendations.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SAPR3 and SAP BPC
- Work experience in FMCG environment.
- Knowledge on statutory reporting and regulations requirements.
- Passionate, energetic & innovative work culture
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- Flexibility with working hours
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – or be your own Barista!
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application.