Tax Lead - Direct Taxes
- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world's leading pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in the Netherlands. For more than 265 years, JDE has been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today, JDE unleashes the possibilities of coffee and tea in more than 100 countries, through a portfolio of over 50 brands including L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, OldTown, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
As Tax Lead - Direct Taxes Malaysia you will be responsible for (i) tax compliance and reporting in a timely and accurate manner, and (ii) coordinating and managing other tax affairs of these entities by providing tax technical support, advice and assistance to internal stakeholders, providing support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective and providing support in tax audits and questions from tax authorities. Corporate taxation (including transfer pricing and withholding taxes) will be the primary focus and responsibility. (iii) coordination with global & other local workstreams on local tax incentives/Grant applications, and compliance review. Tax incentive compliance coordination & review, and coordination with global & other local workstreams on grant/incentives application process.
The Tax Lead - Direct Taxes Malaysia will be part of the Finance Excellence Centre (FEC) for Malaysia and reports to the Finance Manager Malaysia, with a dotted reporting line to the Tax Manager Asia.
If you have the courage and confidence to venture into new cultures & territories, and you're brimming with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. We roll up our sleeves, pitch in, and get our hands dirty to break new ground. Committed to playing at our best, we think bigger and move faster, always rising to the challenge that matters most and celebrating the wins that count.
For this role as a Tax Lead - Direct Taxes, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Taxation and/or professional qualification with CTIM, ACCA, ICAEW or MICPA or equivalent;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant tax experience, preferably obtained in an international tax advisory practice from Big 4 audit firms;
- Hands-on in an independent, proactive, dedicated, solution-oriented and responsible manner;
- Strong communication skills at different levels;
- Able to earn trust quickly, understand and value diversity and individual differences;
- Able to drive improvement through people and align an organization in a new and challenging direction;
- An excellent team player, flexible with a good attitude and pro-active in resolving issues;
- Fluent in English, and Excellent writing skills;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.