HR Manager, SG & ADM
- Tuas Link, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, OldTown White Coffee, Essenso, Owl, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup.
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
The Local HR Manager is accountable for managing the internal HR function within the local cluster organization. As such, the role is responsible to address and execute on various HR and people aspects as compensation and benefits, talent and performance management, local labor relations and associate engagement. This in alignment with the overall company HR strategy and guidelines set by the central HR organization.
Key element of the Local HR Manager role is to act as a business partner to (business and functional) local directors/managers, advising and challenging them on HR matters.
This role reports to the General Manager of SG & ADM cluster and dotted line to APAC HR Director.
- Implement company’s HR strategy (HR programs, processes, tools and models) on a local level and ensures all human resources activities are implemented in accordance with the company’s HR strategy, including deep understanding and strict adherence to guidelines on Combined Business Model.
- Liaise with general and functional leadership to develop and implement local HR strategy according to their business needs.
- Provide business partnering and coaching in driving teams’ engagement, talent development, performance management, organizational structures and resourcing strategies.
- Contribute to talent management activities executed by the Regional HR Director.
- Lead implementation of various local and/or functional change projects and ensures they are appropriately resourced, structured and governed.
- Deliver HR metrics and ensures efficient and high quality local HR services.
- Ensure compliance of the local HR policies, procedures and documentation with local regulations.
- Manage local labor relations (unions, works councils etc.) in cooperation with the GM and in alignment with the central HR organization. Supports local managers in dealing with front line associate issues.
- Manage local compensation, reward and benefits within the global HR programs and guidelines.
- Recruit and train permanent, graduate, and temporary associates in the local organization following requests from General Manager and Manufacturing Unit management, in accordance with HR central guidelines.
- Exhibit a strong focus on people development within own area and consistently improves capabilities and engagement in the direct and indirect team.
- Liaise with HR Corporate and Regional management and specialists on a frequent basis to ensure the key HR processes and best practices are executed and delivered as planned, and in line with site/country and corporate policies.
- Support General Manager in implementation of integration processes.
- Provide input to AOP process.
- Several years of profound HR/HR leadership experience in a multinational environment.
- Strong ability to set strategic goals, linked with business objectives.
- Ability to translate plans into actions, to manage projects in the most efficient way, to challenge the existing and to drive change when necessary. Strong results-orientation.
- Leadership: positive attitude & mindset, resilience, self-confidence, professional credibility, ability to build relationships at every level of the hierarchy and outside the company, articulate communication, team player.
- Passionate, energetic & innovative work culture
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- Flexibility with working hours
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – or be your own Barista!
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to shortlisted candidates.