Financial Accountant/Accounting Specialist
- 43 Crooks Road, East Tāmaki, Auckland 2013, New Zealand
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as Moccona, L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Harris, Hummingbird, Bell Tea, Super, Pickwick and more.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
We have designed this role to achieve excellent standards of financial accounting and reporting within (JDE NZ) in accordance with NZ legislative requirements and accounting controls and JDE policies and procedures. You will seek to provide meaningful information and support to business management, ensure continuous improvement of existing processes, systems and development of the finance function.
You will focus on:
- Month end accounting & journal processing
- Monthly reporting to Global Head Office
- SAP Fixed Asset maintenance (additions, disposals)
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Stock in transit accounting & reconciliation
- Perform Internal controls
- Intercompany recharging, invoicing & reconciliation
- Year End processes – audit & statutory accounts
- Management Accounting (Opex accruals, AOP planning)
- Taxation (Preparation of GST, NRWT & FBT returns + liaison with IRD
- Treasury (cash flow, transfers and intercompany settlements)
If you have the courage and confidence to venture into new cultures & territories, and you're brimming with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. We roll up our sleeves, pitch in, and get our hands dirty to break new ground. Committed to playing at our best, we think bigger and move faster, always rising to the challenge that matters most and celebrating the wins that count.
To be the best Financial Accounting (known internally as Accounting Specialist), we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Approximately 5 years post grad working experience in a global or multinational organization (we’re open to all industries)
- CA or CPA qualified
- SAP experience preferred or similar ERP system savvy
- Strong technical financial accounting experience with a sound understanding of accounting standards
- A curious and continuous improvement mindset
- Team player who likes to dive in, seeks to understand willing to support others
At JDE, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits tailored to your needs:
- Lots of coffee and tea
- Opportunity to challenge, make changes and have impact
- Internal and external stakeholder interaction
- Office and WFH balance (3 days per week office, 2 days WFH if desired)
If you think you're up for a new challenge just like this, please grab a cuppa, brush up your CV and apply now (it's really easy, we promise). Should you have any specific questions, you're welcome to call Ali Barfoot for a virtual coffee on +61 2 9551 3423