Finance Director - Thailand
- CW Towers, Ratchapisek Rd., Bangkok, Thailand
JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiÓra, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
Finance Director is responsible for ensuring effective management in the country (specific for Retail business) from a financial and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy and the central and local Financial and Controlling policies and guidelines in place, in order to ensure maximization of return on investment and effective management based on accurate (management) information in alignment with the KPI guidelines from principal.
Finance Director is responsible for all activities of the country finance function, including accounting, control, and local statutory reporting. He/she acts as a business partner to the General Manager.
- Implements and adapts the strategic plan for the country based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provides input and prepares the annual operation plan for the country.
- Ensures monitoring of business and financial performance with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Directs the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Organises and maintains a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries / non-SAP countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc.) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.
Education:- University degree in Finance or Accounting or Controlling
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in finance.
- Preferably a background in FMCG, Food & Beverage Business, Commercial.
- International & local experience in Commodity and Currency Risk Management (coverage, hedging, commodity futures, options, risk management tools). Commodities experience is essential and could also come from other markets.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP.
We offer our associates plenty of opportunities to make a contribution today to the coffee experience of tomorrow. Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You can see this impact in the organization, the brands, the products and in your own development.