Finance Commercial Business Partner
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead SL6, UK
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Old Town, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
The Unit Control team are responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to support the commercial decision making process of the business. Preparing daily, monthly and annual financial reports the Commercial Partner will provide analysis to key stakeholders across the sales and marketing teams within the Professional business unit.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Combine and produce daily sales reports using data from both Apptus and SAP.
- Produce consolidated financial analysis for actuals and forecast to give decision support to the business to include Finance, Marketing, Sales teams and the General Manager to ensure local business objectives regarding sales and profit are met.
- Maintain/improve financial tools.
- Support business unit controllers/sales associates for ad hoc analysis requiring consolidation of customer data / marketing spend.
- Responsible for challenging budget holders and preparing detailed year out forecast for SGA costs on monthly, quarterly and annual basis (LRP/AOP) and monitoring actual variance to budget ensuring that financial data is robust, in line the business objectives.
- Monitor adherence to ZBB policies by associates.
- Fullfill any compliance obligations of the role – controls, audit etc.
- Understand the legal and ethical compliance requirement of the position – eg accurate reporting.
- Ability to work on own initiative / Proactive
- MUST have commercial/business partnering experience
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Good written and oral communication skills – ability to challenge & influence in a commercial environment
- Able to communicate with people at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, knowledge of databases)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Nice to have:
- FMCG experience
- Internal Controls, IFRS