Global Quality Manager R&D - Professional & Appliance
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
For more than 265 years, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) is inspired by its belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee or tea. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing the possibilities of coffee and tea to create a better future. Today, our coffee & tea portfolio is available in more than 100 developed and emerging markets, through a portfolio of over 50 brands that collectively cover the entire category landscape led by leading household names such as L’OR, Jacobs, Senseo, Tassimo, Douwe Egberts, Old Town, Super, Pickwick and Moccona.
JDE is part of JDE Peet’s, the world’s largest pure-play coffee and tea company, headquartered in The Netherlands.
What’s it like to work at JDE?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JDE: A coffee & tea for every cup.
At JDE, we're Made to Stand Out. Every day we are progressive in outlook, ambitious in nature, resourceful in action and decisive in approach, bringing coffee and tea moments to everyone around the world.
Based at our Global Headquarters in Utrecht, as Professional & Appliance Quality Manager, you will be part of the RD&O Global Quality & Intelligence group. In the Conversion Quality Team, you will focus on our Retail and Professional appliances as well as Professional product categories. You, together with your team, will play a critical role in developing and implementing quality standards, improvement ideas and ways of working to assure 100% right first time for our Consumers with maximum efficiency.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Setting and delivering the Quality Management Strategy for Retail & Professional brewers, including the development and implementation of a robust quality and food safety standards, both internally with Brewer Development and Operations teams and externally with our Appliance Partners and Vendors.
- Managing a team of Quality Specialists to achieve the department’s objectives whilst supporting the growth and development of the team, and individual team members.
- Driving a consumer and customer-led quality agenda into NPD projects, ensuring that ‘Critical To Quality’ success criteria, linked to consumer drivers of liking, are captured in appliance specifications and performance metrics.
- Leading priority quality-related global standardisation and Continuous Improvement projects, building and inspiring high-performing direct and matrix teams with a 'Can-Do' attitude.
- Building robust and trustful relationships with all relevant business partners, internally within RD&O, with Customer Service, Professional Operations, Internal and External Manufacturers, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain & Procurement and externally with Alliance Partners and Vendors.
- Developing effective, transparent and engaging Quality Management Forums with stakeholders globally and at all levels, from frontline Customer Service to the Professional Leadership Team.
- Ensuring the generation of quality performance dashboards, whilst continually improving relevance and providing context, to category and business stakeholders at an executive level.
If you’re brimming with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. All this, in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor / Master or equivalent in an engineering discipline (Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial) or Food Chemistry, Food Technology, Food Science or Nutrition.
- Experience in and passion for the interactions between equipment and food packaged product, as well as robust ‘critical friend’ approach towards designers, manufacturers and operators of retail and professional beverage or other similar equipment.
- An ability to manage and develop the skills of others, to help them perform at their best
- Excellent knowledge of and proven achievement in quality and food safety standards & practices (ISO / FSSC 22000, IFS, HACCP,) as well as Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Proven organizational & project management skills, as well as inspirational problem solving and facilitation in Business Process development, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action management.
- Over 5 years’ professional expertise in cross-functional teams within an international multi-cultural design and manufacturing environment.
- A mature and proven sense of understanding of business priorities and the ability to influence others, therefore strong communication skills are essential.
- An ability to work at pace and deal with ambiguity. This is critical, in order to make decisions in a context that will benefit the whole organisation.
- Confidence with IT and virtual/remote leadership and operation.
- A valid driving license and flexibility to travel and work on the move is essential, to get to (and be effective at) our plant and partner locations.
- Knowledge of engineering/software quality certification and management processes (CE/B, TuV GS, NSF).
Next to an attractive and rewarding salary, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment.
• Year-end bonus
• Rewarding pension-plan
• An additional number of ADV days
• Remuneration for health, life and other insurances
• Fitness allowance
• Discount on coffee and tea products
• A flexible, international work environment with many career opportunities
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application, we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by two interviews. Pre-employment screening can be part of the recruitment process.