Senior HR Generalist
- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The role is to support the overall business strategy and help achieving the business goals & growth through its employees Learning & Development initiatives. Develop and enhance the business’s talent and evolve JDE’s future leaders. This role also responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Employee Engagement activities and the day-to-day welfare of the employees in our plant. You will be responsible for contributing to and delivering JDE’s Employee Engagement strategy across the business to maximize levels of employee engagement and retention. You will work closely with Plant HR Manager to create plant engagement strategy and responsible for the execution and communication as it related to employee engagement initiatives.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Lead on the production of learning and development policy, standards and guidelines, including the preparation of the yearly learning program and budget plan, taking account of current legislation and recommendations and the future direction of the Company.
- Lead on the development of quality systems and processes to identify, approve, plan, design, implement and evaluate all learning and development activity, including training needs analysis, training plans, effective use of training resource, accreditation processes, evaluation, audit and monitoring of training & development activity.
- Negotiate and liaise with internal leaders and external training providers to design and deliver a comprehensive core in-house training program, and specialist courses and training programs from other providers that relevant to the company’s nature of business.
- Assist Plant HR Manager in facilitating or co-facilitate training sessions, using expert presentation, coaching and facilitation skills according to personal levels of knowledge and expertise in the subject area, recognizing own limits, and taking action to ensure development needs are met/an alternative is provided.
- Ensure that staff induction and orientation, and mandatory training take place according to Company policy.
- Attend external meetings (if any), representing the Company, and lead on delegated aspects of project work according to the needs of the Company, ensuring that outcomes are communicated effectively and by discussing all relevant details with all Senior Leader before decisions are made.
- Establish work rapport with local regulatory such as Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) for latest subsidy updates or new launching/introduction of programs and system implementation. Also, ensuring training grant submission and the claim reimbursement are in order.
- Maintaining effective training record & database. Generate monthly, quarterly, yearly or ad hoc reports as required by the management.
- Having an understanding of e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning initiatives.
- Researching new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research.
- Monitor budget for intern’s allocation. To conduct interview and selection of intern applications. Task includes liaising with Department Heads, Universities/Colleges and the interns.
- Oversee the internship program by ensuring structured program is in placed to provide a meaningful learning experience to the interns. You are to make observation, gather feedback from the interns and communicate with the Department Head for any concern raised by the intern(s) and followed by action plan if rectification needed.
- Create a comprehensive and sustainable employee engagement strategy encompassing the efficient management of employee engagement activities through a range of projects including sports, annual dinner, birthdays, corporate responsibility (CSR), townhall meetings, departmental outing, employee recognition program, long service award etc.
- Build relationships and collaborate across the department to understand and meet employee engagement requirements, whilst providing high levels of internal customer service.
- You will champion the delivery of any key engagement activities that are required for all employees and will track and monitor engagement and ensure the effective execution of the initiative.
- Work closely with the committee members for coordination, execution of activities and initiate post-mortem after each event/activity to prepare a summary report.
- Liaise with vendor to design gifts, banners, items that require for the event/activity and work closely with Procurement team for the purchase.
- Leverage events to create and sustain dialogue around engagement
- Identify and address issues and solutions related to employee engagement
- You will be the liaison for Engagement Champions and HR Community initiated by JDE Global
- Create an effective communication plan and provide content for various communication vehicles including posters and using of social media platform authorized by the organization.
To succeed in this role, we will need you to have:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 continuous years in learning and development roles of FMCG industry;
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Employee Engagement functions;
- Able to present professionally and facilitate training sessions;
- Fast-paced, energetic, innovative & creative. Has natural ability to think out of the box;
- Detail-oriented & strong follow-through;
- Team player with strong analytical & problem-solving skills;
- Familiar with most training tools used by industry professionals;
- Have experience with event management and experience working with detailed information and numerical data and presenting to different audiences verbally, in writing and in presentation formats;
- Computer proficiency with excellent ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Words, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) is important. Business correspondence such as the ability to construct business or official letter or communication is required;
- Bi-lingual ability in oral and writing will be an added advantage;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.