Global Marketing Manager - Local Jewels
- Oosterdoksstraat, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are fuelled by our purpose of unleashing possibilities of coffee to create a better future. Our portfolio of brands is deliberately designed so that every brand has a part in unleashing the possibilities of coffee around the world. Ensuring everyone deserves the coffee they love.
JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Peet’s, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup.
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right things with mastery. What you do here will get noticed.
Do you want to work on iconic brands that are loved and impact millions of consumer’s lives? Our portfolio of brands is our biggest asset, it is what makes us unique. We embrace our strong local point of departure of celebrating our local brands combined with driving a small select global brand portfolio.
We are looking for the Global Marketing Manager- Local Jewels, reporting directly to the Global Operations Brand Director, based within the Global JDE Marketing team in Amsterdam. Our local Jewels are of significant importance in their local market due to local cultural and brand heritage. In this role, you will work with 13+ brands across 10+ markets.
A Global Marketing Manager- Local Jewels should have experience in developing long term brand strategies that showcase an understanding of brand meaning, competitive landscape and market conditions, developing brand guidelines ensuring on-going brand health. The person should understand the importance of having a portfolio of brands to address consumer’s needs and drive penetration, and the role of local brands play in the overall growth strategy.
You will achieve success in the role by working in collaboration with the local teams to define the Local Jewel brand’s role in the portfolio, defining the right investment model and activation plans, deploying the tools to achieve excellence and using our Marketing Philosophy as your guiding principle.
• Delivers in close collaboration with local, leads the development of brand positioning (brand compass, archetype, distinctive assets) of Local Jewel brands
• Utilising global frameworks, identifies brand maturity and in collaboration with local teams the appropriate growth strategies for long term profitable growth
• Leverages the global category insights and global category strategies to align with local team on brand goals including innovation strategy to deliver to the business goals.
• Guides and approves the Local Jewels communication strategy & creative development with external agencies and oversees testing the ideas proposed by these agencies. Enabling local team to develop ( from idea to final execution) excellent communications.
• Deliver in close collaboration with local, the development of Master design assets (brief to sign off Masterdesign) and of complex design changes of Local Jewels Brands.
• Deliver in close collaboration with local, defines communication and media strategy to define investment strategy of Local Jewel Brands.
• In close collaboration with local, is responsible for enhancing local activation of Local Jewel brands by leading discussions and enabling the application of best practices from across the markets, working with central category and brand directors
• Monitor and evaluates brand performance, evolution of brand health, trends, competitive landscape to strength strategy and undertake the relevant correction measures to ensure delivery of growth ambitions.
• Define the agency ecosystem and global-regional operating system for the brand in conjunction with Marketing Operations and Procurement.
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as the Global Marketing Manager Local Jewels, we’re looking for a marketing professional who has the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree
• 10 years of international Marketing & Branding experience
• A successful experience as a marketer of brands which are emotionally important for the end customers. Marketing expertise is essential in all its dimensions; strategic and operational.
• Worked in an international environment on regional/global brand
• Able to manage complex and matrix environment
• Proven track record of initiating and driving growth successfully in previous functions.
• Managed a brand in a FMCG company, and have a solid experience in food products and category management.
• Successful management experience in a company focused on growth.
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.