Finance Manager Greater China
- 180 Furong Zhongsan Road Xishan Economic Tech Dev Zone, Wuxi, China
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring effective management in the country from a financial accounting and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy and the central and local Financial and Controlling policies and guidelines in place, in order to ensure maximization of return on sales and investment and effective management based on accurate (management) information in alignment with the KPI guidelines from principal.
The Finance Manager is accountable for the financial policy development & implementation of the specific businesses in Greater China, i.e. Wuxi Manufacturing Unit, Wuxi FI/FS, OldTown Hong Kong and OldTown Shenzhen and has multi-country Organization (MCO) scope – Mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Implement and adapts the strategic plan for the country based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provide input and prepares the annual operation plan for the country (for final approval by the Executive Committee) and directs the execution of activities according to this plan.
- Ensure monitoring of business and financial performance by providing the General Manager Retail with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Direct the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements, in liaison with the Global Transactions Center (IBM).
- Organize and maintains a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries / non-SAP countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.
A University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Controlling and/or is a qualified CA/CPA/ACCA.
- 8-10 years of experience in finance, ideally starting out in a Big 4 firm followed by commercial experience.
- Preferably a background in FMCG/supply chain/operations area.
- International experience in Commodity and Currency Risk Management (coverage, hedging, commodity futures, options, risk management tools). Commodities experience is essential and could also come from other markets.
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP