Machine Safety Trainer
- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Machine Safety Trainer is part of the H&S team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function. The Manufacturing function ensures the integration of all key business processes from supplier to customers, green coffee beans to award winning coffee. The team covers sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and planning processes, they ensure optimal alignment between demand and supply at a global scale.
Are you a Machinery Safety Trainer looking to work in a role for a well-respected, forward-thinking business, based at our Banbury Manufacturing Plant. You will play a key role in leading our Technical training programme.
- Machinery Safety trainer
- Manufacturing/Engineering/Automation background
- NEBOSH Certificate
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Delivering competent, confident, compliant training across Manufacturing including LOTO,
- Provide refresher training, skills burst sessions and any post change training requirements,
- Ability to understand individuals training needs and ensure that adequate training is provided at all times.
- Motivate and support individuals in all aspects of their training and work at all times.
- Provide coaching and feedback support to department and new users upon completion of induction, system & soft skills training.
- Continually identify areas for improvement within the business systems.
- Liaise with the programme and change teams to ensure that BAU and new training materials are aligned
- Monitor changes to, and keep up to date with system modifications, policy, procedure and Capita work practises.
- Continually consider impact of change on business and best way of cascading change in a training environment.
- Recommend and implement improvements to training and development as direct results of the
- Effective communication between all Operational Departments and Support areas.
- Assist other business functions as appropriate and to assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety in the workplace, identifying and escalating any risks immediately
- Experience of design and development of training material.
- Experience of delivering training both remotely and in a classroom environment.
- Tailoring style to ensure engagement is kept high even in remote situations.
- A good knowledge of development tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of how people learn and the different styles.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft packages e.g. word, excel and PowerPoint.
- An understanding of training evaluation and methodology.
- Communication - Able to use strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Facilitation - Ability to facilitate training sessions effectively ensuring key learning points and objectives are achieved.
- Working Proactively - Is proactive in their approach, and able to identify and foresee any risks and issues associated with training interventions.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Firm, responsible and consistent when dealing with staff and the client.
- Ability to work in pressurised environment to tight deadlines - prioritise.
- Ability to adapt to different people, environments and on different projects.
- Ability to diffuse potentially confrontational situations and to remain calm and reasonable in a potential difficult situation.
- Flexible and able to respond and adapt quite quickly to the rapidly changing needs of the business.