- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The GL Specialist is handling all accounting activities of the FEC. This includes various tasks which are the basis for Corporate and statutory reporting as well as legal requirements. He/she acts for specific topics as a contact for the Controlling departments of Branded Consumer, Food Solutions, Food Ingredients and Operations (MU’s), local Tax people as well as Corporate functions.
You will play an important role, such as:
- Support MSU and MU in accounting activities
- Liaise with external service provider for relevant outsourced accounting activities
- Timely and adequate monthly creation and reporting of P&L, balance sheets IFRS and set up of financial reporting statements according to statutory accounting rules
- Process accurately.
- Provide analytical support and data.
- Work in a timely and consistent manner.
- Apply and check against standard company procedures.
- Prepare reliable forecasts and track and report on variances in the process.
- Analyze issues and risks that require additional investigation by performing a thorough analysis in conjunction with project teams.
- Executes ad-hoc analyses for business needs and/or pro-actively.
- Maintain full compliance with the internal control framework.
- Control and report on operational expenses of the clustered shared services team.
To succeed in this role, we will need you to have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance or Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy Management, ACCA, CIMA, CPA/MIA or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of financial accounting experience in General Ledger functions in a multi-national corporation, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Possess strong technical accounting skills with exposure to IFRS;
- High level of competency with Excel;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking, problem-solving and attention to detail required;
- Self-starter who can work independently and use their own initiative;
- Requires strong interpersonal skills;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products & SAP is required;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.