Commercial Finance Manager, APAC
- 30 Tuas Link 2, Singapore 638568
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
The Commercial Finance Manager reports to the Finance Director - APAC and responsible to provide financial analysis & insights, commercial and strategic support to the APAC Leadership Team, providing valuable insights that drives commercial and strategic outcomes.
The role includes financial planning and business analysis to partner the commercial team in delivering objectives as well as partnering with the various business unit leaders on critical financial analysis.
- Provide financial oversight and drives sound business decisions to support growth and improve profitability
- Perform financial analysis on past and forecast data (AOP, LE, etc.) so as to understand the root cause of major fluctuation in Profit & Loss Statement Conducts ad hoc analyses to support critical business decisions. Leads analysis of net present value (NPV), return on investment (ROI) for key projects.
- Act as the Finance custodian for Innovation / Renovation projects across the Region, identifies issues, risk and opportunities. Represent finance on other major “cross functional” projects
- Identify Value Destroyers vs. Value Creators at a Product (SKU) / Customer level
- Facilitate cost management for RHQ in Singapore & Malaysia & provide visibility on spends on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate preparation of monthly reviews including relevant analysis for management discussions
- Identify reporting efficiencies & drive automation across the Region
- Identify opportunities & drive improvement in Working Capital across the Region
- Preparation of financial models as and when required.
- Finance/Accounting/Business Degree or equivalent University degree;
- 10+ years in FPA / Commercial Finance role
- Excellent business acumen
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- English fluency
- Qualified Accountancy e.g. ACCA
- Experience working in FMCG