Outbound Logistics Specialist
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
As the Outbound Logistics Specialists of C&TS you'll take care of replenishing the JDE factories on time in full with the required green coffee on a daily/weekly basis. This includes support in optimizing inventory levels throughout the green coffee supply chain from port of destination to factory while maintaining the requested service level at the defined optimal cost target. You'll resolve (structural) issues and support continuous improvement and harmonization of the Green Coffee replenishment process. You'll Identify further opportunities in the current supply chain and support the team and management on new Supply Chain initiatives. But that's not all, for this role we would also like it if you:
- Own the end-to-end claims portfolio for Coffee & Tea Sourcing; Manage all operational matters related to the claims process
- Maintain close contact with all supply chain parties, particularly factory stakeholders, logistics services providers, and internal C&TS stakeholders, to ensure an excellent execution of green coffee supply
- Monitor weekly performance of the supply chain through KPI tracking; Support in continuous improvement program to optimize cost, cash, and service by building viable business cases
- Check logistics service invoices and manage accounts payable process in SAP together with assurance of document accuracy and data quality in the system
- Execute regular stock reconciliations with the port operators, quarterly digital reconciliations, and annual physical counts
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and know how to manage and build relationships, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and offer an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and develop yourself any way you like.
For this role as an Outbound Logistics Specialist, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration, economics, or equivalent
- Experience in stock reconciliation
- Experience in managing logistic flows & supply chain planning
- Experience in data analysis & fluency managing large datasets
- Experience in SAP or other ERP systems
- Experience creating management level reports
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.