Corporate Affairs Specialist, SCE
- Leof. Kifisias 44, Marousi 151 25, Greece
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS for more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee and tea. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiÓra, Super, Kenco, Pilao, Gevalia & Bravo.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven Associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup.
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – across the world.
What you do here will get noticed!
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Corporate Affairs Specialist, South-Central Europe (SCE) who will join our business to help implement our corporate, government affairs and communication strategy in Romania, Greece and Bulgaria.
Reporting to the General Manager SCE and working closely with our Legal & Corporate Affairs Manager SCE, you will be based in Athens and responsible to undertake tasks such as:
- Support the execution of our corporate & government affairs strategy and good relationship building with various external stakeholders, in accordance with JDE policies and local approach
- Contribute to structuring and implementing our local sustainability agenda and story, based on the global framework
- Support our charitable initiatives by liaising with our social partners and keeping disciplined tracking of our projects and contribution
- Help prevent and solve any possible reputational crises within the region, by providing communication support & ensuring crisis readiness, working with our central JDE teams and other functions to improve the early detection of adverse events & share learnings
- Help prepare & respond to media inquiries based on central team guidance
- Cascade internal global communications locally using JDE systems and tools
- Prepare and deploy creative & engaging local internal communication materials
- Partner with & support other functions to achieve their strategic communication goals (ex. marketing teams with brand PR activities, HR with Organizational communications, Sales to respond to customer inquiries etc)
- Facilitate internal and external events in the region (like our Annual Conferences or seasonal events), using modern communications tools and techniques
- Liaise with PR/PA agencies
- A Bachelor Degree in Law or Political Science or Journalism; BA in Law would be an asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in Communication or Paralegal positions, preferably in FMCG industry
- Exposure to sustainability/recycling/charity initiatives would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills with a business-oriented approach and team-player spirit
- Ability to work autonomously, with remote reporting lines
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in using MS Teams, MS Office and social media savvy
- Resilient, able to adapt to market specifics relevant to area of responsibility – Romania, Greece, Bulgaria
- Disciplined creativity – able to channel creative ideas into value for the business
The opportunity to join a highly successful global, yet local, coffee company at an exciting time of steep business growth.
A strong focus on developing our team members through a series of on the job challenges, coaching and training, with the support of state-of-the-art tools and technologies.
A competitive Compensation & Benefits package.