Plant Material Planner FTC - 12 months
- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
The Material Planner is part of the Planning & Logistics team who form a key part of the wider Manufacturing function.
The materials planning team manage circa 20 suppliers and 300+ materials and must manage the balance of ensuring that production plans can be met whilst minimizing stocks, remaining within the business inventory targets.
The Material Planner will be involved in in all New Product Development or Product Change activity on their categories ensuring that write off risk and obsolete stocks are minimised. The incumbent will also be responsible for working with the Central Purchasing team to define appropriate replenishment strategies with the suppliers and for measuring and monitoring Supplier service performance.
The material planner will work closely cross functionally with stakeholders in all areas of operations both internally and externally, in particular with Packaging Material Suppliers, Purchasing, Finished Goods, Scheduling and Packing Operations.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the provision of an accurate short, medium and long-term (52wks) forecast of material requirements to suppliers, and work with them and key stakeholders to ensure sufficient capacity to meet business flexibility, managing stocks build requirements to cover outages and maintain supply.
- Implement the replenishment strategies with Suppliers, including transparency and tracking of upstream stocks & liabilities.
- Identify risks in material supply plans and escalation to enable decisions to be made to achieve business goals and protect customer service.
- Manage the material change aspects of new material introductions/run outs to least cost & raise final obsolescence requests on a monthly basis
- Manage and track inventory coverage and value, ensuring appropriate safety stock levels are set and maintain
- Lead and manage the Supplier Relationship for own specific suppliers, as required. Co-ordinate and chair regular supplier reviews.
- Act as a point of issue resolution in order to manage supply issues impacting Banbury Manufacturing.
- Consolidate supplier KPI’s and manage with Procurement the development of supplier performance to meet the business needs.
We’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Prior Material Planning experience
- Superior SAP experience a MUST
- Recent experience in materials planning, production scheduling or related supply chain role
- Experience using and MRP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solver with focus on continuous improvement
- FMCG experience as an added bonus
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
At JDE, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits tailored to your needs:
- Full ownership of your category portfolio
- Trusted accountability from day 1!
- Directly involved in the supplier review process