Finance Commercial Controller - FTC 3-6 Months
- Honey Ln, Maidenhead SL6, UK
Commercially JDE is divided into two business units, Retail and Professional. The professional business unit is aligned with ‘on the go’ consumption of our brands including customer such as hotel groups, pubs and bars and hospitals. With key brands such as Kenco, Douwe Egberts and Tassimo the Professional business makes up circa 17.5% of the UK&I business and presents a significant opportunity for growth making it an exciting team to be part of.
The Unit Control team are responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to support the commercial decision making process of the business. Preparing daily, monthly and annual financial reports the Unit Controller will provide analysis to key stakeholders across the sales and marketing teams within the Professional business unit.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Combine and produce daily sales reports using data from both Apptus and SAP.
- Produce consolidated financial analysis for actuals and forecast to give decision support to the business to include Finance, Marketing, Sales teams and the General Manager to ensure local business objectives regarding sales and profit are met.
- Maintain/improve financial tools.
- Support business unit controllers/sales associates for ad hoc analysis requiring consolidation of customer data / marketing spend.
- Responsible for challenging budget holders and preparing detailed year out forecast for SGA costs on monthly, quarterly and annual basis (LRP/AOP) and monitoring actual variance to budget ensuring that financial data is robust, in line the business objectives.
- Monitor adherence to ZBB policies by associates.
- Fullfill any compliance obligations of the role – controls, audit etc.
- Understand the legal and ethical compliance requirement of the position – eg accurate reporting.
- Ability to work on own initiative / Proactive
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Good written and oral communication skills – ability to challenge & influence in a commercial environment
- Able to communicate with people at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, knowledge of databases)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knowledge of SAP
Nice to have:
- FMCG experience
- Internal Controls, IFRS