HR Payroll Specialist
- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The HR Payroll Specialist aims to support the delivery of HR Services within the Malaysia MU HR organization in order to meet business needs. The HR Payroll Specialist role supports the Malaysia MU organization in Johor and reports to the Plant HR Manager, MU Johor.
GOAL AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The HR Payroll Specialist is responsible to support the Local MU organization in building leadership capability within the company, driving a performance culture and enhancing associate engagement. The role is accountable for executing the local HR agenda including people aspects such as day-to-day HR Operations, Signature HR processes, Payroll delivery, Data Management, Foreign Worker Management, Compensation and Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Talent and Performance management, local labour relations and associate engagement.
You will play an important role, such as:
- To assist Plant HR Manager in implementing Human Resource procedures.
- Take charge of final payroll clearance and tax clearance for expatriate and foreign workers.
- Responsible for monthly payroll competency and prepare all related salary reports.
- To plan for repatriation of foreign workers and expatriates.
- To check and monitor Time Management System (TMS) record.
- To prepare employee Confirmation letter, Appraisal evaluation form, quarterly group insurance and Forklift incentive (twice a year).
- To create and update personal file for new join associates.
- To updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, deductions, job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- To support company events/festival gift, employee celebrations, and employee engagement.
- Engaged in SAP Success Factor system and responsible in HR Shared Services focus on employee central, onboarding/offboarding processes, and compensation.
- To ensure the expenses of the current year did not overspend as per AOP report estimation and ensure the AOP report are aligned with the department manager’ requirement.
- Maintains payroll information in the payroll system; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- To obey the company’s rules and regulations.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the management.
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Equivalent;
- A minimum of 3-5 continuous year of experience in payroll;
- Experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment is desirable;
- At least 3 years working experience and good in Malaysia Immigration regulatory practices and requirements;
- Experience and well versed in liaison with local legislation institutions and authority (JTK, SOCSO, EPF) in relation to HR legislation and regulatory practices and requirements;
- Competence in Smartouch TMS software will be an added advantage;
- Good in communication skill, independent and problem-solving, proactive and competent in general administration, documentation and record controls;
- Experience in the full spectrum of foreign workers’ employment matter i.e. quota applications, renewal of work permit, liaison with FMEMA / Immigration/ Labour Departments;
- Excellent command of English language and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to challenge status quo and come up with new solutions and ways of working;
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.