Tax Manager, Asia
- 30 Tuas Link 2, Singapore 638568
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Tax Manager Asia is responsible for coordinating and managing the tax affairs (including tax compliance and tax reporting) of JDE’s subsidiaries in Asia by providing tax technical support, advice and assistance to regional and local functions, business units and legal entities, in the region, providing support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective and providing support in tax audits and questions from tax authorities. Corporate taxation (including transfer pricing and withholding taxes) will be the primary focus and responsibility. As need be, support may be provided in other tax areas such as indirect tax.
The Tax Manager Asia reports to the Finance Director, with a dotted reporting line to the Global Tax Manager responsible for the APAC region (part of IHQ).
- Implementing strategies & policies
- Contribute to the implementation of the Group Tax Strategy, Policies and Procedures in Asia.
- Business partnering and day-to-day support regional and local functions
- Cooperate with and provide expertise and guidance to both regional functions and local business and finance functions on day-to-day tax related matters;
- Provide support in the implementation of a great variety of projects from a tax perspective, which amongst others may include share acquisitions and disposals, business integration and/or reorganization, financing arrangements, dividend distributions and capital contributions or repayments;
- Build up a strong network of contacts in finance and business functions within JDE, with primary focus Asia.
- Managing tax risks and opportunities
- Manage (together with the Global Tax Manager responsible for the APAC region) tax reviews, tax audits – or questions from tax authorities in any other form as the case may be – and tax litigations;
- Manage the review and monitoring of the tax position of the JDE group of entities in Asia and pro-active alignment with the Global Tax Team in IHQ in this regard;
- Manage (together with the Global Tax Manager responsible for the APAC region) the monitoring of compliance with tax filing obligations, advance tax rulings, or agreements with tax authorities in any other form for the entities in the Asia region, if and when appropriate;
- Manage the monitoring of compliance with the Group’s Tax Strategy, Policy and Procedures for the entities in the Asia region and pro-active alignment with the Global Tax Team in IHQ in this regard;
- (Pro)actively monitor regional and local legislative developments, evaluate potential impact, assess measures in order to optimize ongoing operations and/or mitigate risks.
- External stakeholder management
- Effectively manage relationships and communication with third party tax advisors, external (statutory) auditors and tax authorities or other governmental bodies as relevant for tax affairs of the JDE group of legal entities in Asia (e.g. the Malaysian Investment Development Authority).
Relevant Degree, professional qualification
- minimum 6 years of relevant international and regional tax experience, obtained in an international tax advisory practice
- Hands on in an independent, proactive, dedicated, solution oriented and responsible manner
- Strong communication skills at different levels
- Able to earn trust quickly, understand and value diversity and individual differences
- Able to drive improvement through people and align an organization in a new and challenging direction
- Team player
- Fluent in English, and excellent writing skills.
Come join us and enjoy:
- Flexi Leave in addition to your annual leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – or be your own barista!