Student Assistant – Commercial Control
- Midtunhaugen, 5226 Nesttun, Norway
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
In July 2015 Mondeléz International, Inc. and D.E. Master Blenders 1753 merged their respective coffee businesses and created the world’s leading pure play coffee company, with a yearly revenue of more than 5 billion Euros.
The new company is named Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE), holds a leading market position in more than 25 countries and serves consumers in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The company owns some of the world’s leading coffee brands such as Friele, Jacobs, Gevalia, Karat, Tassimo, L’OR, Café Noir, Senseo, Douwe Egberts as well as the tea brand Pickwick.
The student worker role will be supporting the Commercial Controller in various tasks for all operational activities of the Country Commercial Control function for Norway Retail.
He/she prepares, provides and analyses financial management information which supports the decision-making process of the local organization.
He/she will be working together with Marketing, Sales and Finance in supporting business cases, negotiations, pricing and reporting.
The student assistant will report into the Commercial Controller.
Responsibilities / Key activities
- Supporting the Commercial Controller in the execution of signature processes; strategic planning (which a.o. includes the creation of the value creation plan i.e. strategy plan, integrated business planning and budgeting), investment rationalization of both local and regional / global initiatives, and strategic negotiations.
- Creating and updating Management Reporting and business analytics
- Supporting the Sales team in maintaining correct pricing
- Ensuring control on Trade Spend items
- Working together with the FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) team in optimizing Nordic Finance processes and reports
- Other add hoc tasks
- Min. Bachelor degree – (maybe studying for a Master)
- Prepared to work based in Bergen
- Fluency in English oral and in writing – a Nordic language is a benefit but not a requirement
- Detail oriented
- High drive and agile
- Understand how to prioritize and take full responsibility for the tasks
- Thrives interacting with the whole organization
The expected working hours are 15 hours/week.
If you any question, please contract Commercial Controller, Christian Aasen on phone +47 45472025
Expected start is as soon as possible.