Commercial Controller - Denmark & Sweden
- Ørestads Blvd., 2300 København, Denmark
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia. In Nordics our strong brands are Gevalia, Café Noir and Karat and Pickwick tea (SE/DK), Friele (Norway) and a strong International Single Serve portfolio in terms of L’OR, Senseo and Tassimo
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
- We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
- Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
As Commercial Controller for Denmark and Sweden you will support the Commercial Director of Sweden and Denmark in driving the Danish, Swedish and Nordic Ecommerce P&L, as well as reporting directly to and representing the Nordic Finance Director in these markets
You will be responsible for ensuring effective management in the markets from a financial and controlling perspective, based on the company’s overall business strategy. You will help ensure that business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis providing analysis and insight for management to prioritize, and you will support strategic decision making and commercial operations which add value.
As part of a cluster you will be supporting cross-country projects and have a joint responsibility with senior management in coaching, educating, training and promoting more junior associates in the finance organization as well as coaching sales in financial understanding.
- Responsible for execution and process improvement of signature financial processes as strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, investment rationalization and strategic pricing.
- Managing the full budget (Annual Operating Plan) process including supporting sales in the customer negotiation strategy and customer planning as well as the Forecasting process . monthly, quarterly and multi-year strategic Value Creation Plan
- Monitor business and financial performance controlling the Month End Close process, Trade Spend accruals providing the country and cluster management team with reporting, information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Recurring sales controlling as supporting and cashing up the monthly S&OP process, monthly KAM performance follow up, Price and Trade spend control and approval, supporting sales presentations and business cases and ad hoc analysis
- Supporting our larger programs as our Revenue Growth Management approach across the cluster
- Compliance and risk management and audit support especially related to pricing and trade spend
- Joint responsible for onboarding, coaching and training more junior finance associates across the region.
- Top 5-10% candidate from a MSc/MBA in Economics or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position preferably in international FMCG
- Experience working with complex problems in an FMCG setting
- Consistent track record for outstanding results
- Sound business judgement and ability to create value
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Knowledge of SAP ERP and any kind of consolidation / BI system
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Solid Excel and PowerPoint skills