Global Packaging Team Lead Senseo and Tea
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out . Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Research and Development Center (R&D) is part of the Global JDE organisation. R&D is the major contributor to developing innovative coffee and tea products and is constantly optimising the product portfolio. The focus of R&D is both on building Technology Platforms (TP) and on New Product Development (NPD). Moreover, some disciplines within R&D have a strong involvement in JDE business and are leading in decisions to be made. Projects are mostly carried out together with Marketing, Operation and Purchase Departments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Global Packaging Team Lead is responsible for leading the Senseo and Tea packaging team and will lead the development of packaging material specifications to meet the needs of the consumer, customer, distribution, shelf life, product protection, filling line performance and national regulations all within these fast-paced and dynamic categories leading as well the next step of our sustainability journey for each category.
- Prepare project plans and measure performance against these
- Ensure team to liaise closely with the Plants (JDE & CoMan) to plan and coordinate trials by establishing a good working rapport with plant personnel to ensure maximum effectiveness of the trials and project success
- Close collaboration with wider JDE cross-functional teams (e.g. procurement and marketing) leading technical input and where relevant to push the category forward.
- Establish a network with existing Suppliers, plus develop new Suppliers in conjunction with Procurement. Maintain contact with Suppliers on a regular basis to ensure supplier understands and meets JDE technical requirements and timings.
- Seek new ideas relevant to Coffee packaging, driving forward strategically relevant innovations, including materials improvements, processes to aid cost savings and improve efficiency
- Prepare specifications from Supplier data and experimental/trial work. Ensure all relevant safety and regulatory certification etc. is available before production
- Maintain up to date specifications in PLM.
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as a Senseo and Tea packaging team, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- BSc/MS/PhD Scientific/Technical/Engineering degree or equivalent dedicated packaging qualification and vocational training
- At least 6+ years experience of working within a packaging development type position ideally within an FMCG environment
- Fluent in English and knowledge of another European language would be advantageous
- Demonstrable project management skills are essential, together with the ability to operate in a complex, multi-national environment
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- An ability to work at pace and make quick decisions is really important. Where you are able to deal with an ambiguous environment is critical.
Does this sound like you? Please don’t hesitate to apply, we are looking forward to drink a cup of coffee or tea with you!
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.