Global Logistic Specialist
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
In your role, you will be part of the worldwide JDE Supply Chain. Global Supply Chain arranges the supply of coffee machines and spare parts and is the main contact for international suppliers and local Operation departments. Our team works dedicated for the B2B division and ensure people enjoy coffee, tea or technical services in all out of home occasions. The department is responsible for the aggregated forecast, realization of optimal availability of products, stock management, warehousing, Masterdata, introductions of new machines and continuous improvement. Global Supply Chain consists of 15 enthusiastic people and we are offering a position for a Logistic Specialist.
As a Global Logistic Specialist at JDE you will be responsible for:
- The generation of the Supply & Demand reports
- Reviewing abnormal demand orders towards countries and action to prevent out of stock situations
- Creating market sales orders in SAP and stock transfer orders for local markets
- Communicating with our global markets, regarding availability and general supply chain questions
- Supporting the calculation of stock levels within Supply Chain
- Solving issues regarding stock differences, errors within EDI traffic between JDE and LSP system
- Supporting the delivery of financial targets on stock and costs together with Customer Service Level to markets
If you’re brimming with an entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- You need a higher education Economics / Logistics along with 1-3 years of expertise gained within an international environment (ideally Service logistics or FMCG).
- You are a team player with key internal & external stakeholder management skills and with the ability to effectively communicate & influence others.
- You are eager to take ownership and initiative: You make it happen!
- You have highly developed analytical, numerical skills and work accurately.
- You have knowledge of SAP, advanced skills in Excel.
- We expect you to have a strong command in English, as this is our business language.
Besides a salary based on your experience, we offer a variety of secondary conditions of employment. This includes a performance bonus, generous pension, CAO a la Carte and significant additional ADV days as we think a good work-life balance is important. Furthermore, a flexible international work environment, freedom to implement your great ideas and opportunities to develop yourself and grow further within JDE.
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.