Freeze Dried Operator
- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing site in Banbury. The Freeze Dried operation produces coffee using a complex system, comprising of steam, ammonia refrigerant, vacuum and extreme cold temperatures. This is all part of the wider Manufacturing function.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to integrate within the Freeze-Dried shift team. The role would involve operating within three different areas; Extraction process where we extract the coffee liquor from the roasted and ground coffee beans, Drying process where we process the extracted coffee liquor and dry it in to soluble granules and Pack Off where we pack the coffee granules in to bags/ totes.
A successful candidate would be fully trained in all three areas and given time to really hone their skills in each area. The role requires the successful applicant to be able to make on the spot decisions to ensure output whilst also having a methodical approach to the overall process.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Safety Health and Environment:
• Delivers a Safety Health and Environment culture and role model behaviours by following safety procedures, using Personal Protective Equipment, and works calm and orderly.
• Address unsafe conditions and behaviours immediately.
• Cooperates with team to keep work-place safe, clean and well ordered.
• Active participation in Safety discussion during Operations Performance meetings.
• Operate forklift in a safe manner.
• Responsible for Quality requirements and legislation implementation and complies to legal and corporate standards & policies.
• Reports issues and adherence to quality systems and processes.
Delivery & Cost:
• Implements autonomous maintenance ensuring the area of ownership is within basic condition.
• Implements equipment Start Up, Steady State Running & Shut Down safely according to standards with all materials required.
• Follows local production area standards and policies, reports issues and adherence to production systems and processes to ensure timely decision making & escalation.
A successful candidate for this role would ideally…
- Be able to work on own initiative and proactive with problem solving as part of the team.
- Have knowledge, experience, or the abiility to learn about with Ammonia refrigeration plant, equipment in Cold Room.
- Have experience of working in process plants (food processing, Petro-chemical or heavy industry)
- Be able to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Communicate well at all levels of the organization.
- Calm and level headed.
- Have experience of continuous improvement tools gained through work-based activities.
- Have knowledge of P.C base plant operation or ability to learn this.
- Be willing to learn new skills and undertake training to best suit the needs of the area.