Commercial Finance Manager
- 43 Crooks Road, East Tamaki, Auckland 2013, New Zealand
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that diversity; whether that be gender, cultural or generational diversity enhances our workplaces. Please be advised that shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake pre-employment medical and background screening including reference checks.
One of our favourites is taking another role internally so we have this one available.
- Lead the analysis and reporting agenda to drive quality commercial decision making
- Key business partner to the Country Manager for the Professional business channel, as well as supporting the wider Sales, Marketing and Operations functions
- Lead P&L budgeting and forecasting process: identify potential risks and opportunities
- Build capability and commercial acumen within wider business
- Drive a culture of high performance using your coaching leadership style (2 direct reports)
If you’re brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in here at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 250 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as our Commercial Finance Manager (known internally as FP&A Manager) based in East Tamaki; you will be able to show us:
- Significant experience in a similar role enabling you to be make an impact from day 1
- FMCG / Foodservice / Hospitality financial and managerial accounting experience
- Insatiable curiosity - a willingness to ask why
- Exceptional commercial acumen, highly developed analytical skills and attention to detail
- Have a love of data, reports and be able to juggle deadlines and competing priorities with speed and accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to share complex analysis with various stakeholders
- Advanced system skills using SAP, BI and Excel
- Ideally experience in Chartered Accounting followed by commercial role/s
At JDE, in addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits tailored to your needs:
- All the tea and coffee you can drink
- Fun and inclusive team
- Global organisation with long history that we are proud of and a future we’re excited to be creating
- Summer hours, wellness programs and more
If you think you're up for a new challenge just like this, please grab a cuppa, brush up your CV and apply now (it's really easy, we promise). Should you have any specific questions, you're welcome to call Ali Barfoot for a virtual coffee on +61 2 9551 3423. A full comprehensive Job Description will be made available before interview stage.