Project Engineer at Gevalia
- Drottninggatan 55, 803 10 Gävle, Sweden
JDE Gävle factory – Home of Gevalia since 1920 - is extending its passionate team of Coffee Champions with a Project engineer.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Gevalia is part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts and operates in the heart of the city of Gävle, Sweden. We have a 100-year old heritage of roasting coffee in Gävle and we are jointly building for yet another 100 years.
Working with us means that you will make a difference in a busy but collegial environment. If you have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. We love brave people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage healthy debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and where growth and development are both encouraged and expected. You, and your achievements, will get noticed here.
In the role you will be responsible for several technical CAPEX projects covering multiple areas of our operations. All aimed at securing yet another 100 years of operations in Gävle and to ensure that Gevalia remains the number 1 brand in Nordic coffee. We have exciting plans for the future, and our ambition level is high.
We value simplicity, solidarity, entrepreneurship, accountability, and discipline so we work as a team, celebrating success and supporting each other. So, if you believe and value these things too, and you´re amazing, then we´d love for you to join us.
You will be placed at the site in Gävle, reporting directly to our Nordic Plant Manager and you will be an important part of re-positioning the factory for the future.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the end to end project management of projects across the manufacturing operation. Managing projects from concept to commissioning within a varied manufacturing environment such as processing, packaging, material flow, digitalization or facilities and utilities.
The Project Engineer supports the delivery of the key plant results (Compelling Business Need - CBN), such as zero safety accidents, zero quality (losses), cost optimization, efficiency improvement, 100% Customer Service Level and 100% engagement using the Manufacturing Operating System - MOS program as an enabler. The Project Engineer does this through agile and flawless project management and execution of varied projects across the manufacturing operation, through any of the phases from concept to commissioning. High personal development of some Leadership capabilities.
Responsibilities / Key activities:
- Drives Quality culture through role modelling behaviours. Responsible for Quality requirements and legislation implementation and ensure compliance to legal and corporate standards & policies in own projects
- Ensures project designs and execution includes Good Manufacturing Processes including Sanitary Design rules and new Manufacturing Operating System - MOS Standards
- Project Planning - Responsible for pre-engineering scoping, costing and capital expenditure request document preparation using the appropriate standards, processes and procedures aligned with IM – Initiative Management pillar
- Communication - Giving regular stakeholder updates on project progress. Engaging and communicating with all relevant associates through the whole lifecycle of the project to ensure that the project deliverables meets all practical requirements (maintenance, operation, training, etc)
- Drives Safety Health and Environment culture through role modelling behaviours. Responsible for Safety Health and Environment requirements and legislation implementation and ensures compliance to legal and corporate standards & policies in own projects and installations as an example LOTOTO – Lock Out Tag Out Test Out, permit to work, hazard work permits, behavioural observation safety, auditing and process isolations.
- Responsible to ensure that ergonomics and SHE – Safety, Health & Environment risks are mitigated or eliminated in own projects
- Managing contractors in the work area, preparing permits and reviewing risk assessments and method statements.
For this role as a Project Engineer, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- University Degree (Bachelor) or higher in Engineering or another related field.
- Languages: Swedish - Fluent; English – Intermediate
- Proven experience of delivering significant capex investment projects.
- Strong engineering (multi skilled or mechanical bias) background ideally within a process manufacturing environment.
- Experience of hands on commissioning.
- Strong project and stakeholder managements skills with experience of navigating complex projects.
- Experience of managing tender processes and delivering against financial budgets.
- Experience and or understand of project management techniques.
If you have questions, please send an email to Andreas Wendel, Nordic Plant Manager.