Internal & SG&A Control Lead
- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Internal & SG&A Control Lead reports to the FEC Finance Manager.
The Malaysia Commercial Finance (FEC/MSU – excludes Oldtown) ensure the smooth running of finance & accounting functions & activities.
The finance function supports the company’s strategy and business activities as a business partner working closely with business leaders and functional leaders to drive improved performance, yet facilitating transparency of financial performance across the organization. The Finance function aims to ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis and endure processes that drive robust financial challenge and accountability. Moreover, the finance function provides analysis and insight for management to prioritize the allocation of resources to areas where value can be created, supporting strategic and commercial operations which add value. In its role as a business partner, the finance function ensures the company keeps the continuous focus on compliance, control and risk management to manage the company’s (financial) risks and meet the requirements of governmental and other regulatory bodies, as well as the internal guidelines (e.g. the Combined Business Model).
GOAL AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Internal & SG&A Lead will be responsible for providing analytical support and data, ensuring compliance to JDE internal control frameworks for the Johor entities. Review & analyze the SG&A expenses and control it against AOP.
You will play an important role, such as:
- Co-ordinate with Global Internal Control.
- Compliance with Global policies & procedures.
- Compliance with GRC.
- Improve & maintain local internal control framework & procedures
- Monitor & control SG&A expenses
- Execute risk assessment activities & risk reporting.
- Manage and lead internal control review for the Johor entities
- Perform a follow-up on the reported assurance findings or internal control gaps
- Buildability to identify material deviations, based on the understanding of the business and its key risk indicators
- Monitoring Principal Hub’s conditions to ensure compliance, highlight to management if there’s a risk of not fulfilling the conditions.
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- A minimum of Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent;
- About 5 years of professional work experience with internal audit, internal controls and/or risk management;
- Good communication skills, good at establishing and maintaining relationships;
- Independent, self-supporting, short start-up time;
- Team player, able to work in a small team;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, analytical thinking, problem-solving and attention to detail required.
- Quality is driven; able to think out of the box, bringing new perspectives;
- Fluent in English, preferably mandarine also and Excellent writing skills.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.