- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible to maintain adequately all plant types of equipment, to perform the preventive maintenance program and address all plant equipment problems effectively and efficiently with necessary corrective actions to minimize the loss in production time and capacity. You will also be responsible to assist and support the engineer on a project basis for the plant.
- To assist the Mechanical Engineer to ensure the safety of machinery structure in the plant.
- To weld, fabricate and repair any necessary faulty parts of the machine.
- To complete and record the monthly maintenance checklist.
- To take care of plant facilities such as leakage of pneumatic air and water, building doors, changing of the steam gasket, and piping jobs.
- To take care of the tools at the workshop.
- To repair the pumps such as changing the mechanical seal, lubrication and greasing.
- Perform necessary maintenance for building and facilities.
- Routine inspection on all machinery as per schedule and non-scheduled maintenance.
- Sustain machine in good condition and the uptime of the equipment meeting the operational goals of uptime, cost and yield.
- Participate in start-up and shut down activities.
- To establish and implement preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- To train the operator on equipment maintenance.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance work required in the plant.
- Manage mechanical maintenance work.
- To complete any mechanical tasks assigned by Superior / Head of Department.
- To obey company rules and regulation.
- Minimum SPM with Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience in related industry, preferably in the food & beverage industries.
- Possess hands-on mechanical repairing or mechanical maintenance know-how.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimum supervision.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.