- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The role of the Maintenance Planner you will be responsible to optimize expenditures and technician productivity through best practice planning methods that support best practice scheduling and ensure safe, reliable plant operation. You will also work jointly with procurement to obtain an optimized total cost of materials and services, within specification requirements that support safe work practices and plant safety and operational objectives. The planner is responsible for providing data to support maintenance metrics. The primary responsibility is to develop and maintain the preventive maintenance program, organize and maintain maintenance stores, review notifications, create maintenance orders and plan labour and material required to execute the order. Other duties can include scheduling, requisition of materials, maintenance order management and maintenance database. This requires a working knowledge of SAP, maintenance planning software, and a functional understanding of maintenance craft skills, tools and equipment.
You will play an important role, such as:
Safety Health and Environment:
- Delivers a Safety Health and Environment culture and role model behaviours by following safety procedures, using Personal Protective Equipment – PPE and works calm and orderly
- Delivers a Safe and Healthy work environment by knowing the work-related hazards and safety instructions
- Participate in incident investigations and confronts unsafe conditions and behaviours immediately. Solves safety issues directly or through escalation
- Participate in the Risk Assessment process as required
- Cooperates with the team to keep the workplace safe, clean and well ordered. Helps colleagues to work safely
- Escalates and implements solutions to impact risks in ergonomics and working conditions
- Reports any unsafe situation, substandard, near miss, incident or defect
- Does not endanger himself or any other person under any circumstance: “we work safely, or we do not work”
- Stops work when safety is at risk or when in doubt how to proceed safely and involve shift leader
- Active participation in Safety discussion during Operations Performance meetings Structure – OPS meetings
- Plans all maintenance interventions in a manner that protects the safety of the associate
- Delivers a Quality culture and role model behaviours. Adhere to Quality and legislation requirements and complies to legal and corporate standards & policies
- Plans all maintenance interventions in a manner that protects the quality of the product paying special attention to the contamination of equipment and products by oils, fats or foreign objects (hard plastic, dirt, etc...)
- Responsible for planning and integrating the preventative maintenance tasks necessary to guarantee the quality of the product (parts replacements, calibrations, inspections, cleaning, etc.)
- Contributes to team engagement plan implementation
- Onboarding of new associates in the team
Delivery & Cost:
- Autonomous maintenance
- Transfer knowledge and technical expertise
- Create and update standards
- Ensuring that the planned maintenance work is carried out within the defined quality standards and deadlines
- Participates in plant initiatives and projects
- Corrective maintenance
- Develops knowledge of machines by being available on production lines; shares observations with operators
- Raises the relevant documentation related to correction of defects
- Attends to all Breakdowns as quick as possible and carries out Breakdown Analysis using the standards provided
- Is responsible for monitoring the line after a breakdown to ensure an effective and efficient start of the equipment (ensuring efficiency, product quality etc.)
- Preventive maintenance
- Implements Manufacturing Operating System - MOS roll out plan with a hands-on approach through using and owning the relevant Planned Maintenance tools such as Breakdown elimination and Planning – Scheduling
- Updates and improves the Preventative Maintenance System with inputs from Breakdown Analysis and feedback from Technicians
- Optimizes and improves Planned Maintenance downtime
- Prepare and execute short and medium-term preventative maintenance plan on time through the order and preparation of maintenance tasks to be carried out
- Participate in the execution of planned maintenance tasks
- Keeps maintenance records updated with all the details required
- Guarantees the availability of spare parts and tools for the completion of the weekly maintenance plan in collaboration with the stores and the technicians
- Uses Manufacturing Operating System - MOS tools as a daily routine to ensure key KPIs delivery that contributing to Compelling Business Need – CBN and Champions 1 Manufacturing Operating System - MOS tool
- Participates in Operations Performance meetings Structure - OPS Level 2
- Suggests and implements improvement ideas
To succeed in this role, it is required of you to have:
- A minimum of Degree / Professional Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Good experience in Mechanical/Electrical/Pneumatics/Electronics
- At least 3 years’ of experience in the related industry and preferably in FMCG industries background.
- Knowledge of automation
- Adaptable in a diverse culture environment.
- Knowledge of SAP, PRS, Machine Interface software preferred.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.