- Jalan Permas Barat, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The role as Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible to coordinate and direct maintenance activities of the site to ensure uninterrupted availability of the plant and critical systems to support operations. You also will be responsible to develop procedures to maintain assets along with resources, materials, parts and tools needed. Assist in analysis of maintenance trends, evolve new strategies, assess resource needs and deploy them.
You will play an important role, such as:
- To set up plant equipment maintenance procedure and carry out as per schedule.
- Ensure repair works are responded and resolved within a specified timeframe.
- Monitor all work being performed by contractors and ensure it is within rules & compliance.
- Monitor and update all the maintenance records or reports on a daily/monthly basis, or as required by the Head of the department.
- To assist in evaluating quotations for repair work submitted by external contractors.
- To ensure tools is in good condition and all utility data are recorded daily.
- To monitor spare parts usage, inventory replenishment and keep in safety stock level.
- To arrange daily maintenance jobs for technicians.
- To monitor and record department personal hygiene in hygiene check sheet.
- To assist in new equipment design and installation according to Work Instruction.
- To provide on-job training for technicians and guidance for repair work.
- To work with the Production team on equipment malfunction issue and rectify immediately.
- To implement and ensure subordinates safety awareness.
- To ensure subordinates and own personal hygiene are recorded.
- To execute responsibilities/duties assigned by Superior / Head of Department.
- To obey company rules and regulations.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- A minimum of Degree / Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ of experience in the related industry and preferably in FMCG industries background.
- Good experience in Mechanical repair know-how, with knowledge and skills in steam and power supply equipment.
- Require hands-on skills in PLC programming.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.