- Jalan Permas Barat, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
In the role as Packaging Engineer you will be part of the Global Engineering team. This team is a major contributor to the core packaging projects within JDE Central. The team is aiming for the highest results and is looking forward to a strong contributor to extend their international team further.
You will be responsible for implementing the best engineering solutions. Next to that you will realize capital investments and process optimizations. This in order to establish and sustain competitive advantage. Therefore you will collaborate closely with our other departments such as, R&D, Business Unit, Local Engineering, Procurement and Finance. Combining strong project management skills with a broad and deep understanding of packaging machinery technology, packaging materials and skills as packaging engineer to combine it to be successful is your second nature.
Are you able to manage knowledge building and business related activities? Are you the one who can contribute and propose new ideas? Support process studies and implement new technologies? Are you able to deliver the projects in a timely matter within the project costs? Is travelling internal on a weekly base something that excides you? Can you do all of this with a driven and enthusiastic attitude? Then, this might be the new career step you are looking for.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- Degree, in ideally Packaging engineering, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering or related field.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams,
- An accurate understanding of data, facts and figures.
- At least a minimum of 5+ years of professional expertise in a multi-cultural environment in an FMCG industry within a Packaging Engineering role.
- To know how to use Auto-cad ( intermediate level).
- To have the ability to communicate in English (fluent).
- To be able to work in Permas Jaya, Johor Bahru.
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical, Parking
- Handphone, Transportation, Attendance allowance
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.
Thank you for your interest in JDE, please note we will only reach out to successful candidates.