Packaging Engineer at Gevalia
- Drottninggatan 55, 803 10 Gävle, Sweden
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We´ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that´s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. Enjoyed in over 80 countries, our 12,000 passionate coffee champions are delivering our vision: a coffee for every cup.
True coffee democracy begins here with all of us. Coffee is at the heart of life. It is with us at the big moments and the small. It’s an expression and enjoyment of personal taste and everyone should be free to enjoy their coffee their way. So why don’t you join us? And be a part of something amazing…
Gevalia has been part of Jacobs Douwe Egberts since 2017 and operates in the city of Gävle, Sweden. We have a 100-year old heritage of roasting coffee in Gävle.
The Packaging Engineer leads the implementation of packaging projects within the plant with R&D support. They are the key contact for R&D packaging, and lead packaging projects up to successful implementation
In your role as Packaging Engineer you will have the responsibility to lead Packaging Machine Development projects in cooperation with R&D and in coordination with key packaging material and equipment suppliers. This includes running trials and supporting commissioning qualification validation/CQV activities to ensure correct material and equipment performance, according to KPIs previously agreed with the team.
You will co-ordinate and be responsible for all packaging qualification activities, evaluate trials results and report on results. You will plan trials, coordinate activities with manufacturing team and with suppliers.
You will support the delivery of agreed project timelines and budget. The responsibilities start initial trials with R&D through to successful hand-over to the plant. You will develop packaging concepts and execute packaging projects.
Responsibilities / Key activities:
- Manage and drive execution of packaging projects in the plant.
- Lead and coordinate new packaging material implementation projects.
- Tasks can include, collecting experimental data, writing technical reports, liaising with stakeholders on developments.
- Acts as the plant point of contact with R&D for packaging, managing internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with suppliers for packaging material and packaging equipment.
- Lead the commissioning qualification validation/CQV process for the plant in coordination with R&D.
- Reporting & presentation of findings within JDE and project teams.
For this role as a Packaging Engineer, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- To be successful in this role, you will need a degree in packaging or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3 years of consumer goods related experience.
- You have good knowledge of packaging equipment and packaging process, and a good understanding of machine/material interaction, and flexible material.
- Critical eye on quality topics, skilled at data collection and evaluation.
- Good understanding of production challenges with experience to resolve them.
- You have good communication skills, written & spoken.
- High action orientated & strong analytical mindset.
- Fluent in Swedish & English
We believe it´s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee and we´re driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. We are Gevalia, the biggest coffee roastery in the Nordics, employing 65 associates and producing 10 million cups of amazing coffee every day. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting each other. You, and your achievements, will get noticed here. If you´re amazing, we need you, and we´d love you to join us.