01656577 - Demand Planner
- Jalan Permas Barat, 81750 Masai, Johor, Malaysia
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee". At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE), we’ve made it our mission to find out. Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world.
For more than 265 years, we have been inspired by the belief. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia etc.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
At JDE, we are convinced that to grow our company we need to grow our people – through learning, coaching and experiences. We want you to be the best that you can be and encourage you to take ownership for your career.
The Demand Planner creates a forecast for future sales volumes and plans demand volumes to optimize service levels for the country/MSU. The demand planner is part of the Supply Chain organization supporting the Marketing & Sales Unit.
- Create a demand forecast representing the prognosis of future shipments to customers based on historical trends and planned activities and events. The Demand planner applies continuous improvement techniques to improve Forecast accuracy & Forecast bias KPI measurements.
- To create the demand forecast the demand planner works in close collaboration with Sales, Marketing and Finance and regional planning to create a plan to maximize business performance; Plans match MSU strategic plans, delivering high service level and low cost.
- Optimizing service level for the country/MSU by communicating product availability (including New Product Developments)
- Identifying & resolving service risks, with escalation to the Regional Supply Planner for decision-making in case of stock shortages or inventory excess
- Provide safety stock setting proposals to Regional Supply Planning (in case of principal MSU).
- Deliver input to the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) meetings and align the forecast with agreed actions.
- Monitor slow moving-, obsolete- and aging stocks and propose improvement actions for approval by Regional Supply Planning (in case of principal MSU).
- Plan third party supply of finished goods to the MSU. Order finished goods at the 3rd party supplier to fulfil the demand of finished goods. Ensure availability of the stocks taking into account the stock boundaries and the lead-times of the products.
- Perform product portfolio analysis to validate the SKU volumes versus operations and financial hurdle rates.
- Plan shipments between finished goods warehouses (in case of multiple warehouses in 1 country). Replenish the receiving warehouse with stock from the delivering warehouse. In case of shortages or unbalanced stocks across the warehouses inform and consult the Regional Supply Planner to guarantee supply.
- Evaluate external customer satisfaction, define and implement improvement activities based on these results - Evaluate external customer satisfaction, define and implement improvement activities based on these results.
To succeed in this role, you need to have :
- Bachelor of Degree
- At least 5 years of demand planning experience
- SAP/ERP experience
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
Other benefits you might be interested:
- Medical Benefits
- Free Parking
- Flexi working hour & 2-days Flexi Leave additional from your Annual Leave
- Outstanding Career Development Opportunities
- The best coffee and tea served all day in our office – Can you imagine that?
Are you ready to make that career shift & grow a great portfolio with us? Click the ‘I'm Interested’ button and we will get in touch with you soon.