- Leof. Kifisias 44, Marousi 151 25, Greece
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love. Today our coffee & tea portfolio is available in over 140 countries around the world through iconic household names including: Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Super, Kenco, Pilao & Gevalia.
What’s it like to work at JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS?
We are proud of our passionate, driven associates that challenge the status quo and pursue mastery in everything they do. Our goal is simple and ambitious – JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS: A coffee for every cup
Working with us means you’ll be making an impact in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We work as a team, celebrating success and supporting one another. Our associates work with a diverse group of like-minded people, in an innovative environment committed to doing the right thing – all across the world. What you do here will get noticed.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) within the plant. This program is an enabler to deliver the plant Compelling Business Need (CBN). The role drives the manufacturing excellence culture (improve and lock), building on the principals of zero loss, zero defects and a 100% engagement within the plant.
The role is responsible for identifying and eliminating daily losses, reducing variability and increase predictability of results and productivity, while building the capability through supporting, coaching and engaging the shift teams.
The role also supports the drive to a High Performing Organization through the development of a Competency Management System.
The position is located in our production facility in Oinofyta.
CI related responsibilities:
- Leads and role models output of Manufacturing Operating System - MOS supporting roll out and further development with hands on approach by leading the Fundamental Pillar
- Works closely with the Global Pillar to ensure Manufacturing Operating System development and implementation in a standard way
- Works effectively with the Management Team of the plant as linking pin ensuring the implementation of the Manufacturing Operating System - MOS program
- Actively monitors and follows-up on the key performance indicators of the area
- Delivers the key plant results (Compelling Business Need - CBN), such as zero safety accidents, zero quality (losses), cost savings, efficiency improvement, 100% Customer Service Level and 100% engagement using the Manufacturing Operating System - MOS program as an enabler.
- Owns daily Operations Performance meetings Structure (OPS), basic problem solving tools (Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Single Minute Exchange of Dies - SMED, 6Sigma) and 5S.
Maintenance related responsibilities:
1. Scheduling preventive and on-going maintenance
2. Work as part of a team and supporting and train others in maintenance tasks
3. Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team
4. Hands on approach
5. Engages with the shift teams to identify, analyze, understand and eliminate daily losses including quality and safety losses
6. Collaborates with key areas to understand the Compelling Business Need -CBN contribution that will improve immediate daily business performance
7. Responsible for reducing process variability and improve process capability
8. Responsible for reducing waste in all forms effecting line performance
Training related responsibilities:
- Delivers with excellence through engaged leadership and coaching. Drives a culture of engagement and develops capabilities.
- Responsible for the competency management plan (competency matrix & competency gaps reduction) for the Plant and monitors the results on the Key Performance Indicators.
- Works closely with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure competency management system development and implementation.
- Drives proactive benchmarking with other internal and external Training Co-Ordinator’s to generate best practice.
University degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Economics (focus in Food Industry is preferred).
Good knowledge of manufacturing process and technical equipment.
Manufacturing systems (SAP), good PC literacy (MS Office).
- 3-4 years’ experience in Manufacturing environment (Production, Continuous Improvement, Engineering preferred)
- Strong people management skills, communication skills
- Strong drive for results and Act like owner attitude
- Idea generation and execution
- Handling Complexity, problem solving, analytical and good planning skills
- Following and adhering to KPIs
- Able to adhere to policies and organize people
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in a FMCG company
- Experience working in an international environment
The opportunity to join a highly successful global, yet local, coffee company at an exciting time of steep business growth
· A strong focus on developing our team members through a series of on the job challenges, coaching and training, with the support of state-of-the-art tools and technologies
· A highly competitive Compensation & Benefits package