R&D Product Development Specialist (Senior) – Single Serve Tassimo Dairy
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out . Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Research and Development Center (R&D) is part of the Global JDE organisation. R&D is the major contributor for developing innovative coffee and tea products and is constantly optimising the product portfolio. The focus of R&D is both on building Technology Platforms (TP) and on New Product Development (NPD). Moreover, some disciplines within R&D have a strong involvement in JDE business and are leading in decisions to be made. Projects are mostly carried out together with Marketing, Operation and Purchase Departments.
For our Single Serve team we are looking to add a strong Product Development specialist (Senior) for our Dairy based drinks.
Within this role you will be reporting to the R&D Category Manager and you will be at the heart of the Single Serve business working for Tassimo.
Your main responsibility will be to deliver the R&D deliverables for up to large and complex innovation/renovation projects, with some requiring agile project set up. you will have a high degree of autonomy in execution, with support from line manager as expected
The R&D deliverables are delivery of new/renewed product and process designs leveraging existing and new technologies, best practice product development & consumer insight tools, leveraging end to end thinking.
Furthermore in this role you will:
- Lead or co-lead the different R&D disciplines for up to large and complex projects, as well as independently lead other project initiatives, and act as the R&D technical lead or co-lead in a cross functional project team. As such the role requires the management of a high complexity project, cross-disciplined way of working within a high profile project and management of numerous cross functional stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the implementation and delivery of renovation or innovation initiatives to drive sustainable business growth, contributing to developing new products and related processes with embedded competitive advantage and added-value consumer benefits that capture current market trends and relevant consumer insights.
- Play a critical role in influencing strategic decisions and deliver to market key product innovations in line with the overall business strategy. It requires strong collaboration skills, technical rigor and execution with excellence.
- Be responsible for building a capable, efficient and highly engaged R&D project team and represents R&D as a function in a cross disciplined project team. This role needs strong functional & technical expertise and project management skills.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, leveraging best in class practices throughout all R&D activities and driving speed to market. This role assumes establishing and sustaining strong cross functional partnerships.
Frequent travelling abroad required across JDE internal & external manufacturing sites and suppliers.
If you’re bringing with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as a R&D Product Specialist (Senior) Single Serve Tassimo Dairy, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Food Technology, Food Engineering or another relevant technical study and proven experience in product and/or process development.
- >8 years proven track record with product development & innovation or process technologies in the food industry (R&D and Operations).
- >5 years multi-disciplinary program management and project leadership
- Proven experience in manufacturing, process engineering, product/process design and commercialisation.
- Broad business knowledge and integration of Manufacturing, Research and Business strategies
- Excellent in internal stakeholder management and technical risk management and proactive communication
- Able to quickly build excellent relationships with internal and outside partners, as well as working with remote teams
- Sound understanding of HACCP food safety, legal, environmental and regulatory parameters;
- You are comfortable operating in a high paced category, able to deal with an ambiguous & dynamic environment while managing multiple projects with some interdependencies and high technical complexity
- Ability to travel at least 30% of your time which is required for this role (obviously when possible again given COVID travel restrictions)
Does this sound like you? Please don’t hesitate to apply, we are looking forward to drink a cup of coffee or tea with you
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.