- Ruscote Ave, Banbury OX16, UK
Business context of the role:
At Jacobs Douwe Egberts we’re inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. Here in the UK & Ireland we are known for leading coffee brands including Kenco, L’Or and Tassimo. With associates spread across 3 locations in Hurley (nr Maidenhead), Banbury and Dublin.
This position is based at our Manufacturing and R&D site in Banbury. The Trainer is part of the UK Operations team, reporting to the Operations Training Manager.
This is a predominantly double day-based role, but the successful candidate will be expected to train across different shift patterns when required
This is a hands-on training position within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with 80% of your time spent on the shop floor working with our teams on their training needs. The other 20% is split between administration duties and co-ordinating future training. This is a business-critical position and the successful candidate will support the training department by upskilling our associates across the site. As a starting point you will need to get up to speed quickly on 4 key processes on site and become the expert in delivering training on these to our associates.
Other key areas of the position include;
- To plan, organise and deliver training in specific areas of legal compliance and/or audit to the agreed standard
- Deliver the company induction programme, tailoring standard materials/agenda to the audience, ensuring compliance to JDE standards
- Support the wider team in helping to drive a continuous improvement culture and actively identify areas for development improvement
- Liaise with other Trainers, Managers and Leadership team members on all training requirements.
- Maintain training records, skills matrices and identify skills gaps, informing the appropriate Line Managers with regards to the associates progress against their training/development plan.
- To be fully accountable for all training information on site, ensuring a robust recording system is in place so that training files and skills matrices are accurate.
The experience we are looking for include;
- Extensive experience within a similar training position, delivering training at all levels of an organisation. Preferably within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Ideally you will have a formal training or HR related qualification.
- A good working knowledge of continuous improvement tools, manufacturing operations systems and competency matrices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can articulate instructions and feedback in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage the full training cycle. From the development of the training programme or documentation, though to carrying out the associated person to person or remote training
- Fully IT literate with an Intermediate level knowledge of using Excel/Word and Powerpoint
The behaviours we are looking for include;
- Leading the way with a positive attitude and can share knowledge in an inspiring way.
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision and meet challenging deadlines and targets.