R&D Product Development Specialist – Single Serve Tassimo Dairy
- Keulsekade, Utrecht, Netherlands
It’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS, we’ve made it our mission to find out . Our people have been raising the bar since day one, thinking fast and acting even faster to make an impact that’s felt around the world. JDE is the home to some of the most well-known coffee brands in the world. To date, our coffee and tea portfolio is available in over 100 countries and includes iconic household names such as Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, TiOra, Super, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. We’ve built our business on the belief that everyone deserves the coffee they love – no matter who you are, where you live or how you take it.
At JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS we are inspired by our belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. We are driven by the vision that everyone deserves the coffee they love.
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Research and Development Center (R&D) is part of the Global JDE organisation. R&D is the major contributor for developing innovative coffee and tea products and is constantly optimising the product portfolio. The focus of R&D is both on building Technology Platforms (TP) and on New Product Development (NPD). Moreover, some disciplines within R&D have a strong involvement in JDE business and are leading in decisions to be made. Projects are mostly carried out together with Marketing, Operation and Purchase Departments.
For our Single Serve team we are looking to add a strong Product Development specialist for our Dairy based drinks. Within this role you will be reporting to a R&D Team Lead and you will be at the heart of the Single Serve business working for Tassimo.
Your main responsibility will be to contribute to the delivery of the right product and process design and specifications within innovation, renovation and adaptation projects from start to launch.
High degree of autonomy in execution, with support from line manager as expected.
Furthermore in this role you will:
- Develop and qualify dairy-based products in the lab and pilot scale trials in accordance with the product brief. Lead product formulation work. You work area can be in developing new products as well as optimisation of existing products.
- Conduct product industrial trials at production site as well as consumer research test in Europe and eventually out of Europe. Travel requirements: 30% of your time.
- Support Proof of Function and deliver Proof of Application of new processes / new product technologies in close collaboration with other R&D Technical Teams to deliver continuous improvement benefits
- Work within Tassimo category and different teams within R&D supporting projects through the different project phases in time with the right quality of delivery.
- Work with cross-functional teams and external suppliers to deliver continuous improvement benefits on the Dairy based portfolio
- Create and complete specifications. Issue technical reports. Lead progress reviews.
- Responsible for project delivery compliance with JDE safety, quality and contractual requirements
If you’re bringing with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you’ll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as a R&D Product Development Specialist Single Serve Tassimo Dairy, we’re looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Food Technology, Food Engineering or another relevant technical study and proven experience in product and/or process development. (0 – 2 years of experience)
- You are result oriented, organised, proactive, a problem solver, a team player, a good communicator and have a passion for product and technologies.
- You are comfortable operating in a high paced category managing multiple projects with some inter dependencies and high technical complexity
- Ingredient & Dairy Technology Knowledge
- Powder Processing Experience – Preferred
- Drive for results, action-oriented and hands on in nature.
- Able to deal with an ambiguous & dynamic environment, keen on learning new things and open for challenges.
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail and technical rigour.
- Proactive, self starter, strong sense of initiative
- Good presentation skills and capable to give presentations to peers, team members or senior management.
- Ability to travel at least 30% of your time required for this role and possibility to work odd hours.
- Good in English language level, both in writing and speaking;
Does this sound like you? Please don’t hesitate to apply, we are looking forward to drink a cup of coffee or tea with you!
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the “I’m interested” button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.